SiouxSports.com Forum

HUSKIES vs SIOUX (ROUND TWO)

Tommiejo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but maybe not (I could've missed it but I thought I caught most of the coversation). CB isn't the type to avoid questions and I don't think Tim and/or Swyg are the type to avoid asking a question. Truthfully they talked for quite a while and touched on a lot of stuff (I doubt I "transcribed" 1/2 of what they talked about) ..... there is only so much time they have and it was pretty full ..... I believe that they'll be talking to Andy S. tomorrow on the radio, so maybe the topic will come up. I think the team missed having Brian in the lineup at the beginning of the year when he was injured. Having him back in the rotation has been good 'cause he's a tough, tenacious, lots of hustle player ... for him it's tough to be forced out of the line up as there are good/solid players waiting in the stands.... (Saturday: Quinn and Tyler and Lee) As they want to give Tyler one more week to get up to speed, I'm assuming Quinn will be back in the line up. Who knows what went on/or didn't go on leading up to the incident. Thankfully no one was injured (here's hoping Jake M. makes a speedy recovery) and Brian is going to serve a "penalty". End of story.

Andy on this morning with the "dyanmic duo" ;)

It (St. C. series) was a fun weekend. Somethings went really well -- got 4 points out of it.

Tim: Things got a little rugged near the end....

Andy: I was looking the other way talking with a guy .... it's the end of the weekend, hard fought series, emotions are a little high ...... you just hope nothing happens 'cause we both play next weekend, especially StC as they have Denver and it's an important series for them .....

Tim: okay, so you've almost had a huge fight then the officials/coaches line you up to shake hands, what do you say ..... does it get ugly ....

Andy: naw, "good weekend guys.... sorry about that...." but I don't know what they said to Brian

Tim: heard that the league may review it

Andy: don't think anything else will happen

Canisius is playing better than the beginning of the year -- can't go out and take 'em lightly.

We (the guys) that come to UND come because we want to win - even though the games have generally been (only) one goal wins we are getting it done.

The first thing a player notices at our rink are the banners...those banners put the expectations up there.

CC series will be very important..... The real character test is upcoming .... sometimes playing on the road is better than being at home.

Tim wants the fans to remember these are 19,20,21 year old guys -- they have a life outside of the rink. Wants the die-hard (hockey is my life) fans to ease up on the expectations/critic/etc..... They are a good team, but........ enough already .........

Andy: As a player you come here to win, not to knock Grand Forks but there is not as much night life as say Denver -- the priorities are different for those who come here ---

break will be good, going to do some ice fishing up north

St C series probably wasn't the strongest weekend they've had, however, the defensive unit isn't worried because they know the guys will put the goals on the board --- the forwards are hard working guys.

(please note that nothing is a direct quote -- the words may or may not be the same but the conversation had the same ideas/contex)

Fun interview. There was joking back and forth but it'd take too long to explain.