SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Eli Rosendahl will not being trying out. I also heard that the Cambells will not be playing. Can you imagine if all these kids tried out? Weisgarber, Galt, Cambells, Mihulka, Larson, Rosendahl, Spies, Dittus, Monson, Jundt, this would be one hell of a team.

Definitly. We're talking about a team, dare I say it, that would be BETTER than the North Dakota 88's were. Although they had Mario Lamoreux. If anyone else remembers this team I believe they ran over every ND team they played and almost every Minnesota team for that matter. Maybe someone can post how similar the two teams would be and where they would get an added bonus (such as Galt, if he were to play, which he is not).

Definitly. We're talking about a team, dare I say it, that would be BETTER than the North Dakota 88's were. Although they had Mario Lamoreux. If anyone else remembers this team I believe they ran over every ND team they played and almost every Minnesota team for that matter. Maybe someone can post how similar the two teams would be and where they would get an added bonus (such as Galt, if he were to play, which he is not).

It's amazing how helpful people can be these days. It took me about 15 minutes to get all this information. These are your ND 88's and I bolded the players that you all think will try out this year.

Trevor Anderson

Adam Campell

Thomas Campell

Justin Connell

Clark Dingman

Drew Flurer

Ian Grande

Nick Klenow

Grant Larson

Mario Lamoureux

Ross Monson

Andrew Peterson

Allan Spriggs

Nathan Stremick

Sam Wedin

Paul Weisgarber

On the list several players from the old ND 88s team would not be eligible for Team North Dakota, based on North Dakota's adaptation of the Chicago Showcase rules. That would include the 1988 birthyear players from the ND 88s that are still juniors: Drew Flurer, Trevor Anderson, and Nathan Stremick.

I agree that the remaining ND 88s in the state, along with 1987 birthyear players like Marc Mihulka, Erick Galt, Paul Campbell, etc would be one heck of a powerful team.

Last year the 88/87 group of Select players gave Team North Dakota one heck of a game until Team ND pulled out a win in the last few minutes of the game.

It's amazing how helpful people can be these days. It took me about 15 minutes to get all this information. These are your ND 88's and I bolded the players that you all think will try out this year.

Trevor Anderson

Adam Campell

Thomas Campell

Justin Connell

Clark Dingman

Drew Flurer

Ian Grande

Nick Klenow

Grant Larson

Mario Lamoureux

Ross Monson

Andrew Peterson

Allan Spriggs

Nathan Stremick

Sam Wedin

Paul Weisgarber

I beleive last years team included kalvin shane sean deichert and michel hillman or maybe justin welk was in there im not positive

No, Eli Rosendahl will not being trying out. I also heard that the Cambells will not be playing. Can you imagine if all these kids tried out? Weisgarber, Galt, Cambells, Mihulka, Larson, Rosendahl, Spies, Dittus, Monson, Jundt, this would be one hell of a team.

Junior24 can you tell me why Eli Rosendahl and Spies will not be trying out?

On the list several players from the old ND 88s team would not be eligible for Team North Dakota, based on North Dakota's adaptation of the Chicago Showcase rules. That would include the 1988 birthyear players from the ND 88s that are still juniors: Drew Flurer, Trevor Anderson, and Nathan Stremick.

I agree that the remaining ND 88s in the state, along with 1987 birthyear players like Marc Mihulka, Erick Galt, Paul Campbell, etc would be one heck of a powerful team.

Last year the 88/87 group of Select players gave Team North Dakota one heck of a game until Team ND pulled out a win in the last few minutes of the game.

I think that just goes to show how good this group of 1988 born players are. Every year at tryouts and after the teams are selected alos they have played the select teams that are older (1987's, Team ND), and either won or came very close. When for the first time they got to play a younger team (the 1989's), they took them apart. Although that was the 87/88 team with Willert and Galt and so on.

I beleive last years team included kalvin shane sean deichert and michel hillman or maybe justin welk was in there im not positive

last year the 87/88 goalies were Sean Deichert from south Michel Hillman from bismarck and Kalvin Shane from Central. The 88 team that went to the national tournament had Justin Welk from north and Hillman. Also that national tournament team had players like Thomas Campbell and Mario Lamoureux

Is Eli interested in playing at the next level at all?If not can anyone tell me why not, he seems to be a very good goaltender with potential at the next level just curious.

Erick Galts first game in Lincoln tonight...

Trevor Anderson

Adam Campell

Thomas Campell

Justin Connell

Clark Dingman

Drew Flurer

Ian Grande

Nick Klenow

Grant Larson

Mario Lamoureux

Ross Monson

Andrew Peterson

Allan Spriggs

Nathan Stremick

Sam Wedin

Paul Weisgarber

Your list of the 88s is correct. The goalies were Justin Welk and Michel Hillman. Lines were: Weisgarber, Connell, Lamoureux; Stremick, Klenow, T. Campbell; A. Campbell, Flurer/S. Wedin, G. Larson; d-men were A. Peterson, Grande, Dingeman, T. Anderson, A. Spriggs, and Ross Monson (the team was short on quality defensemen from the original tryout pool and Monson was converted to defense). Mark Bry of Red River and Milo Johnson of Bismarck coached the team that went 33-4-3 including nationals which they were leading 3-2 before giving up two power play goals in the 3rd period of the championship game. This was a unique game in which parents from nearly every major hockey city in North Dakota could complain together about the refs. The previous year this team went to the Great Flood Tournament in Winnipeg and, in a seven game tournament run, destroyed most every Canadian team they played en route to winning the tournament. If most of these players were together along with Galt, Mihulka, Rosendahl, and some of the other top 87s from the west, they would have a great run at the Chicago Showcase.

From my area: Jamestown...

I think Ritchie and Grothman are going to try-out for Team ND for J-town. There might be a couple others but I don't know. Those two, I would think, are the 2 from Jamestown that would have a legit chance of making the team. No All-Conference players from Jamestown but these two received honorable mention and Ritchie made All-Conference last year. Not too shabby for him considering the crop of players from last year...

I heard Welk's name was mentioned but I am not so sure that he would do it. As far as I know he is not interested in playing hockey after high school. From what I hear he is running for National President of DECA and I think that would interfere with Team ND. ND Pride might be able to verify or give more than me since he is from that area...

Also, I think you can bold Wedin on that list also. I am pretty sure I heard he was interested in trying out.

In Galt's first game Lincoln lost 4-2 to Tri-City...Don't know if he had any points I just caught the last little bit of the game on the radio. Mario Lamoreaux got a goal but I'll post back if I find out that Galt got any points...if not no new post will be added..

From my area: Jamestown...

I think Ritchie and Grothman are going to try-out for Team ND for J-town. There might be a couple others but I don't know. Those two, I would think, are the 2 from Jamestown that would have a legit chance of making the team. No All-Conference players from Jamestown but these two received honorable mention and Ritchie made All-Conference last year. Not too shabby for him considering the crop of players from last year...

I heard Welk's name was mentioned but I am not so sure that he would do it. As far as I know he is not interested in playing hockey after high school. From what I hear he is running for National President of DECA and I think that would interfere with Team ND. ND Pride might be able to verify or give more than me since he is from that area...

Also, I think you can bold Wedin on that list also. I am pretty sure I heard he was interested in trying out.

After North's poor performance in EDC, Justin Welk did not want to end his career with a bad taste in his mouth. He will be at the tryout.

Is Kringstad's name being mentioned for Team ND at all? No way should Grothman or Ritchie make Team ND, Grothman does not have the skill of an Eli Rosendahl, Tony Kringstad, or even a Justin Welk for that matter. Ritchie is just an absolute goon and nobody will want to play with him or even coach him. I'm not sure who the coach of this team is but I haven't met a single Ritchie supporter from outside of the Jamestown-Valley City bubble.

Side Note- I heard through the grapevine that Ross Monson of Bismarck High and Tyler Jundt of Williston are considering finishing the year with the Bismarck Bobcats. Any truth to this or is it just a rumor?

After North's poor performance in EDC, Justin Welk did not want to end his career with a bad taste in his mouth. He will be at the tryout.

That's pretty interesting...I didn't think they did terrible at EDC...They did beat Grafton as a #6 seed. I didn't think they did too bad representing themselves at that seed although I did think they played badly against GF Central. Anybody from Grafton gonna try-out?

Rosendahl and Spies are not trying becuase neither have any intentions of playing anywhere next season and there are also conflicting events over tryout and tournament weekends. Leads to your next question, no Rosendahl does not have any plans or intentions of playing juniors anywhere.

I think Malml would have a hard time picking Kringstad for his team after seeing his tactics and him flipping out.

Is Kringstad's name being mentioned for Team ND at all? No way should Grothman or Ritchie make Team ND, Grothman does not have the skill of an Eli Rosendahl, Tony Kringstad, or even a Justin Welk for that matter. Ritchie is just an absolute goon and nobody will want to play with him or even coach him. I'm not sure who the coach of this team is but I haven't met a single Ritchie supporter from outside of the Jamestown-Valley City bubble.

Side Note- I heard through the grapevine that Ross Monson of Bismarck High and Tyler Jundt of Williston are considering finishing the year with the Bismarck Bobcats. Any truth to this or is it just a rumor?

There is truth to this. Ross Monson practiced with the Bobcats before the high school season began and was asked to return after the high school season. Also Bismarck High goaltender Michael Hillman was asked to join the team. I do not think it is possible for these players to participate in games because i think NAHL rosters are frozen but I'm not sure. I pretty sure they can practice with them if they choose to do so.

I've heard that Nick Klenow of Fargo North and Paul Weisgarber of Fargo South have joined the FM Jets. Any interesting information on that?

Rosendahl will be attending Colorado State University next year. He just does not have the desire to play hockey any more. Spies will be playing baseball next year but is still undecided on where he will be playing. I he was to try out for Team North Dakota, that would run into the high school baseball season. Mihulka will be trying out for the Team and he will also be attending the Elite camp for the best Midwest players. Matt Marchel is still undecided if he will try out for Team North Dakota, along with Brad Benke.

Correct, Welk is trying out, his registration was sent in. As far as Monson is concerned it is possible that he is doing the Bobcats as he was in their pre-season camp. I will see what I can find out.