SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

I heard that you could catch the games live on other channels. In Fargo you can catch them on 4 I believe, and in Grand Forks/Minot/everywhere else I believe you can catch them on the Midcontinent channel in your area. Which is probably the same channel as the fighting sioux sports network.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that you could catch the games live on other channels. In Fargo you can catch them on 4 I believe, and in Grand Forks/Minot/everywhere else I believe you can catch them on the Midcontinent channel in your area. Which is probably the same channel as the fighting sioux sports network.

True. Dish owners, however, are screwed in the West!

I don't believe they flip flop the bracket as they did for a while, so winners of the 12 and 230 games will meet in the 635 game where just a few years ago they used to flip it where those teams would get the late semifinal game. Am I correct?

Now there is a couple of times to watch, live on KX 4 for eastern ND viewers and then a replay on KVLY after midnight. I'm not sure on how it will work out west but you can found out the info on the NDHSAA website. They have it posted on their front page. I'm going to the games and bringing a radio, I hope I can get a signal sometimes it's tough in these buildings. Good luck to all the teams. Whatever happens, happens, I'm just glad I can settle in for a weekend full of hockey. :huh:

He must have really said some mean things about Wurdens mom to get him to take a big wack at him after Wurden just won the game 4-0. It takes a big man to throw a slash after the game and then skate behind a line of his own players for protection.

I personally think the player who was slashed made it look a lot worse than it actually was. The way he layed on the ice and flailed about you'd think someone had shot him. Last time i checked, you dont need your wrist to skate or at least stand. With no damage done to his wrist and to be able to come back and play right away... i think we have a little bit of a toughness issue or lack of.

I don't believe they flip flop the bracket as they did for a while, so winners of the 12 and 230 games will meet in the 635 game where just a few years ago they used to flip it where those teams would get the late semifinal game. Am I correct?

Now there is a couple of times to watch, live on KX 4 for eastern ND viewers and then a replay on KVLY after midnight. I'm not sure on how it will work out west but you can found out the info on the NDHSAA website. They have it posted on their front page. I'm going to the games and bringing a radio, I hope I can get a signal sometimes it's tough in these buildings. Good luck to all the teams. Whatever happens, happens, I'm just glad I can settle in for a weekend full of hockey. :huh:

I don't see any indication that there will be replay on KVLY, either in the official announcement or in the TV listings. Here's the full announcement regarding TV coverage (from ndhsaa.com):

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to NBC's coverage of the Olympic Games from Torino, Italy, the North Dakota NBC Sports network announces the following changes. Coverage of the Boy's Hockey tournament February 24th and 25th will be seen live on KXJB-TV in the eastern part of the state. In the western part of the state, it will air live on Midcontinent Communications cable channel 39 in Bismarck and channel 23 in Minot, Williston and surrounding areas. In Dickinson, the State Hockey Tournament will be seen live on Consolidated Cablevision. In addition, a delayed broadcast of the State Hockey is scheduled for overnight Friday at 1 am and Saturday at Midnight central time on KFYR-TV in Bismarck, KMOT-TV in Minot, KUMV-TV in Williston and KQCD-TV in Dickinson.

The Olympics will not affect the other televised tournaments. Coverage of the Girl's B, Boys' and Girls' A, and Boys B will be seen live on your local NBC station.

I personally think the player who was slashed made it look a lot worse than it actually was. The way he layed on the ice and flailed about you'd think someone had shot him. Last time i checked, you dont need your wrist to skate or at least stand. With no damage done to his wrist and to be able to come back and play right away... i think we have a little bit of a toughness issue or lack of.

I don't think any one on here is at liberty to say how much pain he was or was not in. He was taken to the emergency room where they had him wear some sort of soft cast until the EDC tournement. I think maybe we could discuss the issue of his toughness had this been Jr's and Wurden confronted him like a man and asked him to drop his gloves.

I don't think any one on here is at liberty to say how much pain he was or was not in. He was taken to the emergency room where they had him wear some sort of soft cast until the EDC tournement. I think maybe we could discuss the issue of his toughness had this been Jr's and Wurden confronted him like a man and asked him to drop his gloves.

Just a reminder of the online updated official score sheet website for this weekend. Someone asked me earlier if South wins, when will they play, accoridng to that they will play at 630.

http://rinkwriter.com/2006ndsttourney.html

We have a situation that was seen by players, coaches and fans - which was a vicious hard slash and you attack the victim? We have heard enough about this incident. Let it go with class instead of tossing out a putdown. The kid was injured - that he was able to play - with less than 100% effectiveness in EDC is irrelevant. The content of your post is absurd. In the words of one of the refs, the slash was a cowardly gutless act.

Is anyone going to attend Chicago Showcase this year or know anyone that might be attending it this year? I wouldn't mind knowing how our ND guys do come April...also if someone could post the roster after they have named the team it would be great. :huh:

GO WEST OR GRAFTON!

You can track Showcase activities on a local site and also the event itself on the Showcase site:

http://www.usahockey.com/amateur_hockey_as...cago_showcase//

Local site:

http://ndaha.org/html/team_nd.html

The roster will be posted first on the local site listed directly above.

The Chicago Showcase web site is www.ahai.org and then click on the Chicago Showcase link. This will have the scores, stats and standings of all the teams and games that is updated daily throughout the tournament. The tryouts are March 17-19 in Hazen, ND The team will be posted on the High School Hockey Web Site after March 20th.

Central over Minot 4-2

Here they come squeakin' in...

We're just about 15-20 minutes from the start of the second game of the afternoon. It'll be Devils Lake vs. Fargo South. Here are the starting lineups:

Devils Lake:

G- So. Danny Groves

D- So. Casey Rearden

D- Sr. Kenny Lybeck

F- Jr. Justin McCarthy

F- So. Jorey Heit

F- Sr. Peter Jerome

South:

G- Jr. Sean Diechert

D- Sr. Alan Spriggs

D- Jr. Erick Galt

F- So. Ian Powers

F- Sr. Grant Larson

F- Sr. Paul Weisgarber

GF Central is squeaking in again...You can't tell me that they should be in the State semi-finals right now. I don't think so anyways...

2-1 Fargo South over DL with 12mins left in 2nd

Can you tell me why you don't think they should be in right now? Is it because Minot is the #1 seed in the West and Central is the #4 seed in the East?

No...It's because GFC was towards the bottom of the East Region for a majority of this year but still got in as the 5th seed. They lost their first game at EDC to West Fargo (a team that i think should be at State), went in to two overtimes with Jamestown (#8 seed) and then they got a upset to work in their favor and played a weaker team than they should've (FN #6 seed rather than Grafton #3 seed) and got into the State tourney.

The Double-elimination set-up usually tries to make it so the 1-4 seeds make it to state...but this year 1, 2, 3, 5.