SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Why would someone pick him up to play juniors. He has two points in five games, and both of those points came against Wahpeton in their first game of the season.

I dont think that sioux sports needs any more talking about Alex Simonson (GFC) or Tyler Klein (FN) transfering to RR because there is only about 5 or 6 people that know any of this information is correct which is them and there parents and I dont think either of these people like being talked about like this if it isnt a for sure thing and I dont think there current hockey coaches would appreciate it either.

As of today I only see two strong contenders for Coach of the Year. Obviously you need to consider Al Henry from Devils Lake who despite a loss last night to Fargo North has his team off to a fast start in the West with a young team. As of today I would give the award to Mark Pivetz from Fargo Shanley, with impressive wins over Central and Jamestown, and potentially an inconsistent West Fargo on Tuesday he could have this team in 4th come region tournament time. There is also a dark horse out West that may be brought into consideration as the season continues. Troy Olson in his first year at Bismarck Century had a hellacious first 3 games to this season, but has wheeled off 4 straight wins, one off an eastern team which many Western schools cannot claim, and shocking Williston last night who many people predicted to finish very strongly at the beginning of the year. If he gets this team into the State Tournament, you have to consider Olson a threat for Coach of the Year.

Am I correct that Mike Peluso is an assistant at Century? He's a great guy and should really help bring that program around. Not many ND teams have a coach with NHL minutes (I know it's not that many, but hey, I'd take it!)

after attending the grafton shanley game friday, im sure that grafton will be one of the top two teams in the state

new to the boards i take it? anyway, this has been established long ago...

south is a very good team this year thats for sure! but they do have one of the biggest traitors in the state in trevor anderson he went from shanley to west fargo then to south what is it going to be next year north or moorhead then he will be at all the fargo metro teams

Is there more to this? I guess I failed to see the purpose of this post... Please take no offense, I just want to understand what you meant..

I know noone really cares about the west from what ive read so far but is anyone else surprised that Williston isnt doing better? I mean i thought they were supposed to have a good line and a half and a couple good defensmen. And for the west thats saying alot. They were also ranked high early on.

I know noone really cares about the west from what ive read so far but is anyone else surprised that Williston isnt doing better? I mean i thought they were supposed to have a good line and a half and a couple good defensmen. And for the west thats saying alot. They were also ranked high early on.

The west consistently doesnt do very well

I've tried talking about the west on this message board, but with that comes constant belittering from posters who constantly feel the need to reiterate the fact that eastern hockey is better.

The grass is green, the sun is warm, ice is cold, and yes, in North Dakota eastern hockey is better than western hockey....

I've tried talking about the west on this message board, but with that comes constant belittering from posters who constantly feel the need to reiterate the fact that eastern hockey is better.

The grass is green, the sun is warm, ice is cold, and yes, in North Dakota eastern hockey is better than western hockey....

that has needed to be said for a long time now and coming from a true scandanavian all i got to say is vedy good

Since i havent been back to the U.S. in more than a decade i havent seen much hockey but while i was living in north dakota the west was terrible. I heard recently in the grape vine that bottineau had a good team this year could sombody tell me if this was true

Um no they are not good. They are like 8th or 9th in the West.

Im not trying to knock down west hockey im just wondering what is up with Williston. They have some good players, but they dont seem to be playing to the expectations that some people had.

On that note, BHS travels to Fargo South to play them for the second time this year. And then on Thursday it is probably the best rivalry game in the west(i assume) as BHS takes on Century. If anybody goes to either of those games, could they talk about any players from either team. I assume with South there will be lots of players to talk about. But I guess I'd be interested in hearing about the West once in a while too.

On that note, BHS travels to Fargo South to play them for the second time this year. And then on Thursday it is probably the best rivalry game in the west(i assume) as BHS takes on Century. If anybody goes to either of those games, could they talk about any players from either team. I assume with South there will be lots of players to talk about. But I guess I'd be interested in hearing about the West once in a while too.

If I get to the South/Bismarck High game I will submit a report. Some of the top players for Bismarck High include Justin Connell, Ross Monson, and Clark Dingeman. They have played on several North Dakota Select teams in the post season. Like I said last summer, there is not a lot of support on the team, but those are the top players - others may emerge over the season to strengthen the overall team performance for Bismarck. It will be interesting to see if they can close the gap at all on South from their previous game.

Since i havent been back to the U.S. in more than a decade i havent seen much hockey but while i was living in north dakota the west was terrible. I heard recently in the grape vine that bottineau had a good team this year could sombody tell me if this was true

By Bottineau's standards they are having a better year, according to Gillen's site they played Bismarck High pretty tough to a 4-3 game. They also lost another close one to Mandan. From what I heard they also lost one of their better players to a junior team I believe otherwise they could maybe have pulled some of those games off. Maybe this is the year the Braves sneak out of the play-in game and into the Region Tournament.

By Bottineau's standards they are having a better year, according to Gillen's site they played Bismarck High pretty tough to a 4-3 game. They also lost another close one to Mandan. From what I heard they also lost one of their better players to a junior team I believe otherwise they could maybe have pulled some of those games off. Maybe this is the year the Braves sneak out of the play-in game and into the Region Tournament.

They played Bismarck High's JV team though to a 4-3 game. From what I hear only one or two varsity players played that game, so I guess you can take that score for what it's worth. Also off topic, but to NDPride if you get to the BHS south game could you give a good game summary and if anybody from BHS looks good other then the 3 you mentioned. I have only seen them play once this year so I couldn't really tell at all who were their main players. I was just curious so I know who to watch for when BHS plays Century on Thursday.

Edited by crosby_87

They played Bismarck High's JV team though to a 4-3 game. From what I hear only one or two varsity players played that game, so I guess you can take that score for what it's worth. Also off topic, but to NDPride if you get to the BHS south game could you give a good game summary and if anybody from BHS looks good other then the 3 you mentioned. I have only seen them play once this year so I couldn't really tell at all who were their main players. I was just curious so I know who to watch for when BHS plays Century on Thursday.

I'll probably have to close the factory early and send everyone home so I can get down to the game.

There's a reason that no one talks about Western Hockey. It would be more entertaining and useful to start a thread on the termite program in GF.

How is the termite program going? Those little buggers sure are pesky! :lol:

I don't care if the Western teams all stink. All that matters is that they exist. Unlike Minnesota, ND is a hockey wasteland in the western part and the more hockey that gets out there, the better.

How is the termite program going? Those little buggers sure are pesky! :lol:

I don't care if the Western teams all stink. All that matters is that they exist. Unlike Minnesota, ND is a hockey wasteland in the western part and the more hockey that gets out there, the better.

indeed, very well said

To be honest... I've never heard anything about Williston having any talent, however, I have not seen them play for myself. Evidence tells me that they are not a very good team though.

I suppose the reason "West talk" gets shut down so much is because, what is good out west is USUALLY half decent out east. So any time someone mentions a "couple of good defensemen" or a "good line" from the west, that team goes and plays a team from the east and gets beat and thats the end of it. Results at state last year didn't help anything for the West.

I have nephews that play youth hockey in Minot so I don't want to totally knock the West, but it is a fact that the East dominates the state and the West usually suffers. :/

To be honest... I've never heard anything about Williston having any talent, however, I have not seen them play for myself. Evidence tells me that they are not a very good team though.

I suppose the reason "West talk" gets shut down so much is because, what is good out west is USUALLY half decent out east. So any time someone mentions a "couple of good defensemen" or a "good line" from the west, that team goes and plays a team from the east and gets beat and thats the end of it. Results at state last year didn't help anything for the West.

I have nephews that play youth hockey in Minot so I don't want to totally knock the West, but it is a fact that the East dominates the state and the West usually suffers. :/

I think some of it might be due to the fact that a lot of the people using this message board are from the East aswell? Whatever the case, Western hockey does deserve some representation even if the number one seed from the West isn't up to par with the number 4 or 5 seed from the East.