SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Take your Sidney Crosby talk somewhere else. No one cares here. This is a high school hockey message board not lets talk about Sidney Crosby when no one even has talked about him on this message board. You should really think about what you are going to type before you start to for the first time.

Amen. He should start his own thread somewhere else.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for wahpeton. Those kids I'm sure worked their tails off tonight only to be absolutely destroyed. It's too bad South had to run up the score on them all the way to 26 though. You would think south could do something to lighten up. I'm sure they tried but come on 26-0.

Apparently South's top two lines didn't play in the third period. That being said, Wahps lucky it was only 26..

Ok south is better than Red River this year, the ratings show it, and the South-RR game showed it. Red River will not score more than 26 goals on Whapeton

Who cares how many goals Red River can score against Wap this year. Normally, quality teams back off when they crush an opponent after a period or two. I doubt if Red River will feel an obligation to try and score that many goals just to match South - that would be meaningless in my opinion.

Apparently South's top two lines didn't play in the third period. That being said, Wahps lucky it was only 26..

Did they have run time in the third period or did the South timekeeper keep stopping the clock like he did in the last game when they were up by 6 goals?

Wahpeton put a forward in as goalie in the third period - it was 20-0 after two periods and they poured it on the forward/goalie with 5 more goals. South's top line players kept putting points up in the third period -check the box score in the local papers - . They even pounded in their 25th goal with a minute and a half left in the game - just to make sure the Wahps would not mount a comeback.

I'm a south hockey supporter, but this is just wrong. The Forum had the shots at 84 for the Bruins, and yes Weisgarber and Campbell both had points in the third period. I hope Wilson gets some serious heat for this. IMO, this situation is the coaches fault, not the players. Do you really expect a player not to shoot at a wide open net? It's the coaches responsibility to keep his best players off the ice in situations like this. Not just for Wahpeton's sake, but what if Weisgarber or Gault got hurt the third?

Stupid move my Wilson and I hope he gets hammered by the media for it. :D

...This is a high school hockey message board not lets talk about Sidney Crosby when no one even has talked about him on this message board. You should really think about what you are going to type before you start to for the first time.

It is? Unless it is a message board for Solen High School or Stanton High School and no one bothered to let anyone else in on the gag, I think you are mistaken.

A link to a REAL HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY MESSAGE BOARD can be found here.

i figured it was worth mentioning how good the FN Spartans are doing right now. North got shutout for the 4th straight game, combined score of 23-0. It looks like klenow doesnt have the "Midas Touch" as he did on previous seasons. someones gotta help that guy buy a goal or two. speaking of goals, welk has seen an awefull lot of red lights the past few weeks. looks like his drive to be all-state DECA is much stronger than his drive to be a presentable goalie.

I'm a south hockey supporter, but this is just wrong. The Forum had the shots at 84 for the Bruins, and yes Weisgarber and Campbell both had points in the third period. I hope Wilson gets some serious heat for this. IMO, this situation is the coaches fault, not the players. Do you really expect a player not to shoot at a wide open net? It's the coaches responsibility to keep his best players off the ice in situations like this. Not just for Wahpeton's sake, but what if Weisgarber or Gault got hurt the third?

Stupid move my Wilson and I hope he gets hammered by the media for it. :D

IMHO a very classless move by the South program. I know other schools have "run-up" the score as well but that does not make it right. Is there a mercy rule in HS hockey?

Edited by SFSIOUX#1

i figured it was worth mentioning how good the FN Spartans are doing right now. North got shutout for the 4th straight game, combined score of 23-0. It looks like klenow doesnt have the "Midas Touch" as he did on previous seasons. someones gotta help that guy buy a goal or two. speaking of goals, welk has seen an awefull lot of red lights the past few weeks. looks like his drive to be all-state DECA is much stronger than his drive to be a presentable goalie.

It seems as though you have a personal vendetta against Mr. Klenow. Did he take your spot on the select team, or maybe to the National festival? If so take your case to the local gym and exercise your frustration there. Hockeys a sport where, when its good its real good, and when its bad it's real bad. It's one thing to criticize him when he's having success, but to take shots at a KID when he's in a slump thats another thing. Grow up.

Stupid move my Wilson and I hope he gets hammered by the media for it. :silly:

Actually it was the 26th goal. The top two lines played for the first 5 minutes of the third period and they started rolling four lines towards the end of the first period. What else do you want them to do. Maybe Wahp should drop down to Junior Gold until they can put together a respectable program.

The top line of South should not have played the entire 3rd period. Not 2 minutes, not 5 minutes, Not at all. There's no excuse to run up a score like that. You can sit your top line and run 3 lines(2-3-4) for the entire third. Were they worried about a Wahpeton comeback? God only knows, but they could have done a lot of other things besides what they did. Dump the pucks into the corners, do something. Don't even shoot on net would be a simple solution. I don't get it, but I've played against South in football and basketball to know that that is the type of school they are to me. Always wanting to rub it in a little more. Sad but true.

I'm not sure what to think of the Wahp/FS game... 26-0 does seem a bit excessive, but then i remember that Fargo South (along with Central, RR, and Grafton) plays this team once a season while others are able to rack up stats on these games twice... but still, I'm not sure that justifies 26-0. : / consider me undecided.

To any GF people who might suggest that South is classless to beat Wahpeton 26-0, I would like to remind you that Central beat West Fargo 20-0 back in the 1983-84 season. I realize that's six fewer goals, but still enough to suggest they were running the score up. It's just unfortunate that teams that far apart in talent are scheduled to play each other.

In 83-84 Central was classless. In 05 South is classless. Some people learned in youth hockey how not to exploit a relatively helpless opponent. Apparently the lesson was never taught in some parts of the state. There are no excuses for this. Class or the lack of it is not something tied to where you live. There are people all over who have it and also those who do not. This is not a geography issue.

To any GF people who might suggest that South is classless to beat Wahpeton 26-0, I would like to remind you that Central beat West Fargo 20-0 back in the 1983-84 season. I realize that's six fewer goals, but still enough to suggest they were running the score up. It's just unfortunate that teams that far apart in talent are scheduled to play each other.

You are digging back for that one a ways aren't you DaveK. Slow day at the salt mines? :silly:

Basically, are you saying that it is Grand Fork's fault that South ran up the score against Whapeton? Good logic.

It isn't so much the coaches telling the kids to run the score up, its more the players. If you're a third or fourth line guy who doesn't see the ice a whole lot, and are fighting for your spot on the varsity, are you going to not try your hardest? No, you'll bust your ass whenever you get on the ice. 26-0, however, is a little out of hand.

It isn't about desperation, it's about stating that this isn't the first time such a thing has happened. The number of years that have passed is not relevant to the topic. The fact of the matter is Central has done it too in their history. Whether it happened 5 years ago or 20 or 40 makes no difference. I don't think South tried to rub Wahpeton's noses in it, it's just that they're that much better. It's pretty tough to tell 4th line players not to try hard when they get some rare ice time, and I felt the same way regarding the 1983-84 Central/West Fargo massacre.

I have no problem with you pointing out that Central did this 20 years ago, but you are actually going to defend a 26-0 drubbing? Why would you be skating your first line in the 3rd period of a game like this?

It isn't so much the coaches telling the kids to run the score up, its more the players. If you're a third or fourth line guy who doesn't see the ice a whole lot, and are fighting for your spot on the varsity, are you going to not try your hardest? No, you'll bust your ass whenever you get on the ice. 26-0, however, is a little out of hand.

I probably would not have played the first line in the 3rd period, but you can't tell the 3rd and 4th lines not to play the game! They're fighting for playing time and don't see the ice much. It would be really unfair to them. Also, look closely at the scoring from the game. The first line had 4 goals, the second line had 6 goals, the third line had 5, the fourth line had 3, and the defense accounted for 7. The first line only had 1 goal in the second period and 1 in the third. It wasn't so much that they were running up the score, it's the fact that the talent level between the 2 teams is so different. South's 4th line is better than Whapeton's first.