SiouxSports.com Forum

The Better Book?

Cratter

34 members have voted

1. 1. The Better Book?

• Fight on Sioux
    • 75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey History

I seem to have misplaced my Fight on Sioux book and was condering if it was worth purchasing a new when I still have 75 Years one.  I know the Herald made the Fight on Sioux and was basically giving them away at Sioux hockey games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyone know were i could get a copy of fight on sioux?

Going through 75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey History I found this quote interesting to go along with NorthDakotaHockey in his topic

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3740&hl=

Detroit and the small Minnesota city of Warroad each claim to be "Hockeytown, USA."  They're both right.  One has been home to dominant professional teams for nearly a century;  the other is known for the finest high school and amateur hockey in the world.  But there's a place between the two, a crossroads of sorts, a proving ground where young amateurs are molded into pro-caliber players.  That place is Grand Forks -  Hockeyville, USA."

I think they're both worth having. Say what you will about Virg Foss, but few people know more about Sioux hockey or write better about it.

I hope you can find a copy of Fight On Sioux if you decide to replace. I thought I'd lost mine several months ago and couldn't find a new copy anywhere in Grand Forks.

• 2 weeks later...
I think they're both worth having. Say what you will about Virg Foss, but few people know more about Sioux hockey or write better about it.

I hope you can find a copy of Fight On Sioux if you decide to replace. I thought I'd lost mine several months ago and couldn't find a new copy anywhere in Grand Forks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want the "75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey" they are selling that one right now at the REA pro shop for $1.00 !! That's right - just 1 measly dollar! They are in the middle of their May Madness sale. It started yesterday (May 5th) and goes through tomorrow (Saturday, May 7th) They had a whole stack of them today at Noon when I was there. Don't miss out - there was lot of others things yesterday - but it's going fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a tossup - as the poll also indicates...and PCM is right BOTH are definately worth having, just for the classic old pics. "75 years" is cool because they include old posters and graphics...that's cool to see. Another interesting poll sometime might be "New logo" vs. "Blackhawk" - they're both cool but I'd pick the new one since it's totally unique.

Who in GF is volunteering to send us the "75 years" book for a dollar. Couldn't find it online, must have to be in GF to get this deal. Or is it over and they're all gone now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's over...the Ralph has their big May "clear out the place" sale late last week but it ended Saturday. There were TONS of people there grabbing up stuff...

I was at the UND Bookstore today and there are still lots of "75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey" books available. However, they are not being sold for $1 each. They are 75 percent off, which makes them $5 each. The World Juniors book, "The Road to Grand Forks," is selling for $1 each. There are a lot of them left, too.

I was at the UND Bookstore today and there are still lots of "75 Years of Fighting Sioux Hockey" books available. However, they are not being sold for $1 each. They are 75 percent off, which makes them $5 each. The World Juniors book, "The Road to Grand Forks," is selling for $1 each. There are a lot of them left, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assume you're talking Barnes and Noble? A couple months ago - they had a several palllets of the "75 years" book on display. When I went there a few weeks ago....all of them were gone and they just had a couple small tables of books out.

They were $5 but I wonder about the Ralph selling them for a buck at their recent sale...did B&N turn over their copies to the Ralph to dump them at a loss or did B&N just pull them to the back room and the Ralph had a load of copies to unload???

I think $5 for that book is a deal...$1 is EVEN BETTER FOR THE BUYER but I don't think it would even cover cost. (AND I pity the fool who payed $20 for it when it came out :D )

There's a guy on Ebay who's selling them for $10 - if he got them for a buck that's a hell of a profit margin! but then again...there's a suprising number of Fighting Sioux items on Ebay....

SIOUX on Ebay

I assume you're talking Barnes and Noble? 

B&N = UND Bookstore

A couple months ago - they had a several palllets of the "75 years" book on display.  When I went there a few weeks ago....all of them were gone and they just had a couple small tables of books out.
All of the Sioux and World Juniors books are now in the sports book section near the back of the store. I don't know how many they had compared to what they have now, but unless there's a big run on them, they won't be running out any time soon.

They were $5 but I wonder about the Ralph selling them for a buck at their recent sale...did B&N turn over their copies to the Ralph to dump them at a loss or did B&N just pull them to the back room and the Ralph had a load of copies to unload???

B&N originally bought the entire print run. I believe that the Ralph bought 50 copies or so from B&N to sell at the Pro Shop. That might have been what the Ralph was selling.