SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations from a Gopher Fan

Five-HoleFrenzy

DU could win four straight and the back to back wouldn't mean any less to me. They were a lot of fun.

That said I have disliked the way DU has played hockey for many years. Take them down.

Not a lot of holes in the Sioux game right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ask me they have been playing shady for years. I hope they go down like the Titanic!!!!! :lol:

I'm am just looking forward to seeing some good hockey in HDTV

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone has a DVR or TIVO, you can record or watch the college hockey part of SportsCenter between 31-34 minutes past the hour. It looked great in HD and I can't wait to see the whole game that way on Saturday.

I am also a Proud Gopher fan, I am will say that the Better and Stronger team won this game.  UND played with Pride and some Heart.  I will give them all the credit in the World for this win.  I just pray to god that some gopher fans dont b!tch about the refs.  The refs called a great game.  You might have WPoS say the refs are bad but they did a great job. 

I am willing to put $$$ down that both of these teams will be in the Frozen 4 next year.  Any Takers?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll take that wager. After this year all the WCHA teams will be in 1 bracket... :lol:

I, too, would like to tip my maroon cap to the UND program. Although I haven't had a chance to see the game yet, If UND won 4-2, then they more than likely earned it. Good luck against DU, and hopefully it will be injury free. I'll be back to congratulate you guys if/when you win.

GPL is a great site, but just like any site you are going to have people that think they know hockey, but really they just know the drinking before the game and dont know the difference between a Blueline and a CLothesline.  The people that really know hockey will know that the better team did win and deserved to win this game.  Dont hate all the peeps on GPL but hate the ones that could give a rats butt what happens when the Gophers are no longer playing.  I for one am a Gopher fan but also a College Hockey fan.  Cant stand the people that just think the World is over once the Gophers are done.  I am sure there are UND people like that too, along with other schools.  Just ignore them.

Done Ranting now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with bertibm regartding GPL. I don't read the site very often and I'm not even registered, but I expect that it is the Gopher board that see things decidedly from that angle. Yes, some of them are dumb homers and not very good fans, but it's just how it goes with message boards. I'm sure ss.com has a few of those posters or has gone through times like that in its past.

If things go down the wrong way on Saturday, I just hope we all look back on this season with pride and admiration for how well UND has done with the adversity it has faced.

Let GPL lie. All the decent Gopher posters (and unfortunately some of the poorer ones) post here anyways.

Great job UND . You really put a butt kicking on us last night . I feel bad but its like getting beat up by your big brother ya get a bloody nose ya pick yourself up dust yourself off and say maybe next time. It looks like the final should be a great game good luck from this Gopher fan :lol:

The better team won last night, no doubt. You out hussled, out hit and out played us. Great game. I'd hoped for a different outcome, but I can;t complain abou the reuslts. We didn;t play bad, we dind't get screwed, we just got beat. But we'll be back.

I received a couple nice comments after the game from Gopher fans while wearing my Sioux jersey in an Anoka County bar. I was kind of surprised...didn't really know how to react. :lol: Even though it pains me to say (and I'll probably regret it later)...there are some classy Gopher fans out there. :lol:

I wrote a letter to the editor of one of the major newspapers in the MSP area after seeing the first UND-Gophers series at Engelstad with Lucia at the helm. In it I congratulated U of M in hiring Lucia and shared my belief that it would bring their program back to what it should be. I also stated then and will ALWAYS believe that not having to go through Minnesota in seeking the national championship takes a lot of the meaning out of the accomplishment. Those of us that love WCHA hockey and prefer every game possible go to overtime so we get five more minutes of heaven have much more in common with each other than those with no appreciation for the efforts of the opposing teams' players.

Go WCHA Go!!! May the hungriest team (Sioux) win Saturday!

NHL & Shuffleboard... Same thing!