SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS. DENVER

siouxtatoo42

I am thinking that we are going to have to get through mannino on sat and that worries me. he is playing very good hockey the last couple of months and i don't think that the gwoz is stupid enough to not go with his hot goalie. He had 40 some saves today on a very good CC offense. Is anyone else a little worried about cracking him open?? with denvers offensive pop we are going to need Parise to step up big time on the biggest stage he's ever seen. I am certain that this is not going to be a high scoring afair or a battle of brawn vs speed as much as it is going to be about which goalie is going to keep their team in the game and who gets the lucky bounces. Parise vs. Maninno- the two hottest goalies in NCAA Div 1 hockey. Can't wait.

I am thinking that we are going to have to get through mannino on sat and that worries me.  he is playing very good hockey the last couple of months and i don't think that the gwoz is stupid enough to not go with his hot goalie.  He had 40 some saves today on a very good CC offense.  Is anyone else a little worried about cracking him open??  with denvers offensive pop we are going to need Parise to step up big time on the biggest stage he's ever seen.  I am certain that this is not going to be a high scoring afair or a battle of brawn vs speed as much as it is going to be about which goalie is going to keep their team in the game and who gets the lucky bounces.  Parise vs. Maninno- the two hottest goalies in NCAA Div 1 hockey.  Can't wait.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling we will get a quick strike like we did on Ryan Miller in the semi's in 2001. It will be someone like Fylling or Massen.

Wonder if any enterprising Sioux fan will try to smuggle in an octopus.

NO penalties, denver scored 6 powerplay goals today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thants is going to be the key. Denver will be able to make us pay for penaltys. The rest of the teams have not.

But I like our chances. I thought the reffing wasn't that bad yesterday.

Go SIOUX!

As I said on another post, it's a no-brainer who wins . . . all of the teams the Sioux have beat in the playoffs have either worn red or maroon jerseys. Next up the Pies with the red jelly donut jerseys. Coincidence . . . I think not :lol: