SiouxSports.com Forum

DU vs. CC Official Game Day Thread

NDFAN

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mannino stopped alot of shots yesterday - 40+  Will the Sioux face him tomorrow?  What are his weakensses?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every goaltender has his weakness.

I just hope they do what Clement and Thorne keep praising us for: Keeping it simple and just shooting the puck.

Truthfully, if the info was out there on Mannino's weaknesses and how they could be exploited, I'm sure Hakstol would be very keen on seeing it.

I noticed that one of CC's goals against Mannino came through a redirection from a screen (off Carle's skate and in). If that's the only way to beat him (which I know it isn't but still), then this game is going to be very tough.

I also doubt DU defenders won't make the same stupid mistakes that UMN defenders made.

The player that got the penalty shot for UNH in the regionals made Mannino look like a chump. He used a backhand drag to get Mannino down then darted left to the forehand for an easy empty netter. It was a nice move...though with all the time in the world it's pretty tough to make a save.

If the Sioux play like they did in the Final Five they should do well. All the signs in the world point to UND being due....however

Driving down the road today I was thinking about how reliable my car stereo has been over the last 4 years that I've had it...

Then I noticed the brand ;) ... PIONEER :ohmy::D;)

uggghh. I think I'll cover it with hockey tape tomorrow for the game. :D:)

AND THEN!!!

I was driving near Crookston and I saw a sign that said: DEAD ND...

so I hope omens aren't my thing. I love the Sioux, and hate those damn Pioneers.

Lets DOMINATE tomorrow UND!!!!