SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey vs. Fatherhood

GBpakrzz

[Gotta take the high road here and miss the game. I can tape it... but it's not nearly as fun watching it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

Buy lotsa beer and pop corn, tape the game, go to the play, invite the other Sioux Fan parents at the play to go to your house afterwards and watch it together. You can still have a great time. Oh and if anyone tries to tell you the score ahead of time, run 'em over!!!

I think it's safe to say that all families are different and there's no one correct choice in this situation. My wife and kids understand my passion for Sioux hockey well enough that they'd give me a pass on going to a school play if UND was playing in the Frozen Four at the same time. But if I knew that staying home to watch the game ticked off my wife or disappointed my daughter, I'd choose to attend the play.

As much as it sucks, sometimes you just can't justify missing things for a hockey game. I know I technically have the choice to skip Frank Low Day at the med school on Thursday, where we have to present our scholarly projects for grad school. But it's expected of us to go, and it wouldn't be fair to dump my project on my advisor who would love to go to Columbus as much as I would. Instead I have to drive to Columbus with a friend on Friday and watch the Sioux win #8.

Holy responses to my little dillema! LOL...

We had a family discussion again about the big event(s) taking place. My son thinks I should be watching the game. That way he can stay home with me and watch it too. The wife thinks the school play should be attended and then I can watch the tape of the game when we return.

My daughter? Well, she thinks I should stay home and watch the game because "I know you really like the Sioux daddy."

That settles it... I gotta go to the play. How in the hell can I not with such an understanding kid?

The only problem is avoiding some a$$ munch between the play and my arrival at home who wants to tell me the score.

GO SIOUX!