SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey East gets a West whuppin'

Fighting Sioux #1

The Red Pepper line had the puck in the corner and started cycling it, essentially from the corner to the blue line and back. The Sioux were already up 3 or 4 zip, so I don't think they felt a lot of pressure to score. Anyway........

This cycling went on for well over a minute. Clement and Thorne even made comment about it. Then the Sioux started cycling a skater out of the "scrum" and actually made a complete line change, one player at a time, WITHOUT LOSING CONTROL OF THE PUCK! (Sorry for shouting).

I think Clement said he too, had never seen such a thing.

I kind of remember that too. I think Clement responded, kind of amazed, something like "and they're even completing a line change while they do it!"

You should listen to all of the whinning taking place over on Hockey-L. Seems the Cornell fans think they were snubbed last week by having to play in the John, kind of like welcome to the crowd.

I guess some of the Cornell fans seem to think they had an awesome team and if they had gotten to play at the Lyhnah they would have some how won the game, would be at the NCAA Frozen Four. I guess they think 3100 fans ia a big intimidating hockey crowd.

I told some Cornell fan that any one of the top four teams in the WCHA would go into Cornell's arena and win. I am not sure why some of these people seem to think the EZAC is a legit league. One team won a playoff game in the NCAA's this season and that was cornell as they beat a lesser team before bowing out to the Gophers.

I kind of remember that too. I think Clement responded, kind of amazed, something like "and they're even completing a line change while they do it!"

Anyone have the tape? I'm pretty sure they swapped out the D as well as all three forwards.

Anyone have the tape? I'm pretty sure they swapped out the D as well as all three forwards.

I did, but already spent a half hour searching for jk's quote. I'm going to start charging for my time...

BTW, just to be clear, was this in the BU game or BC game? I kind of think it was BC but if someone remembers definitively that works for me. Also, any hint as to what time of the game (which period?) would be a great help.

BTW, just to be clear, was this in the BU game or BC game?  I kind of think it was BC but if someone remembers definitively that works for me.  Also, any hint as to what time of the game (which period?) would be a great help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm almost positive it was in the BC game. I think it was in the third period, but I'm not positive about that.

Beautiful, forecheck!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Come on now, you're making me blush. :D

Actually I can't take credit. My advisor sent it to me, courtesy of her husband. I'm not sure who actually created it. I just thought it was funny, and forwarded to PCM hoping he would know how to post a PDF file.

All hockey got was a simple attiute adjustment & that's mostly from those fans in the Boston area. Well ESPN it's time to face the fact that hockey east is just a couple of steps away from being on life support. As for the WCHA from the words of AL BUNDY "LET's ROCK."

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

Well, I didn't find it in the BC game.  I'll see if I have time to check the BU game tomorrow.  I fast forwarded through the game and watched any extended action in the BC end.  Could have missed it but unlikely that I did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I found the part you're looking for. It's in the third period of the BU game. Start watching around the 16:30 mark.