SiouxSports.com Forum

New to the forum

PariseNJD

Hello I am a devils fan and got hooked on UND hockey ever since Parise was drafted. I'm doing a bracket and basically everyone besides me picked BC over UND in the second round. I keep trying to defend UND but do they have a realistic chance? What advantages do they have over BC?

Thanks you and GO UND!!!!!!

Hello I am a devils fan and got hooked on UND hockey ever since Parise was drafted.  I'm doing a bracket and basically everyone besides me picked BC over UND in the second round.  I keep trying to defend UND but do they have a realistic chance?  What advantages do they have over BC?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, UND has no chance. Make sure to tell that to the Boston teams, would you?

Hello I am a devils fan and got hooked on UND hockey ever since Parise was drafted.  I'm doing a bracket and basically everyone besides me picked BC over UND in the second round.  I keep trying to defend UND but do they have a realistic chance?  What advantages do they have over BC?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, historically we've won every other meeting in the playoffs. BC won the last time, so if you go by that pattern, we're due.

If you go by regular season performance, BC beat UND pretty easily earlier in the season.

BC is bruised but probably isn't going to be that bad off health wise when they meet UND (unless things change dramatically between now and game time). UND is missing 3 players, Mike Prpich (who could be back), Brady Murray (who won't be back), and Robbie Bina (who might be through as a hockey player period due to a spinal injury). We are banged up badly... but at the same time, I dont think we've ever played more inspired, character hockey this entire season.

We're definitely dangerous right now, but how much so is beyond me.

First off, NO CHANCE if the Sioux don't beat BU.

Secondly, put your money on BC.

Thirdly, don't be surprised if the Sioux beat BC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nicely put. I always put money on the team the Sioux are playing. Basically how much money does a Sioux championship mean to you $$$ wise. :lol::sad:

Like I said above, I think BC is probably the favored team. They have had a better year, though the Sioux have been coming on.

BC appears that they will get their most important players back (Gionta, Eaves) whereas the Sioux will still be without Murray, and maybe Prpich.

So yes, I think BC is the favorite. The Sioux have really played well down the stretch and right now, in a one-and-done game I believe they CAN beat anyone, because they have solid D and goaltending.

Speaking of goaltending. JP Parise is a sieve. :sad:

However, Jordan Parise is currently the #1 guy. If he can continue the solid play of the last many games, the Sioux have a chance in every game, even with a hamstrung offense.

i have the sioux going all the way for #8.maybe i am a homer :sad: . i believe this because of the way we ended the year on a hot streak.getting by BU then a tough game vs BC. jordan parise has been playing great. he is the top goalie right now for the sioux.

also think mercyhurst will beat BC :lol::lol:

So you guys dont think the Sioux can beat BC if they beat BU obviously? 

I have another question, is JP Parise the top goale?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have only seen a few UND games, but what do you guys think of Travis Zajac in terms of him developing into a NHL player?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He need three more years of college hockey -- minimum. :sad:

I have only seen a few UND games, but what do you guys think of Travis Zajac in terms of him developing into a NHL player?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm.... until the NHL starts playing again, I wouldn't worry too much about having them develope into a NHL player.

Ummm.... until the NHL starts playing again, I wouldn't worry too much about having them develope into a NHL player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHAT!?! :sad:

The NHL isn't playing?!? :lol::lol:

I was kinda wondering why Manny Fernandez was selling me beer at the X last weekend. :lol: