SiouxSports.com Forum

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That was my assumption.
I saw him standing "overwatch" for Persson after a couple big, late saves. 

Pound for pound, Carson might be the strongest guy on the ice. 

I was glad to see they had enough of Ludvig getting bumped which led to the scrum that resulted in the 5 minute major.  Proper response, IMO, without going overboard like UMD did. 

Also, in the scrum at the end of the Saturday game you could tell Blake had enough ... he feigned a cross check to one of the Bulldogs' face/head.  The guy fell and Blake was bent over him yelling something at him that got the refs to initially waive for Blake to leave the ice (which would have missed the handshake line and TCoS).  Not sure why the ref changed his mind and didn't have him leave the ice.  Saw Blake and the ref talking after the handshake line and looked like there may have been an apology and an understanding.  Blake showed great restraint to not follow through with his feigned cross check as it would easily have garnered him at least one game missed.  Not sure if the TV caught that or not.  I'll need to go watch the NCHC stream and see.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That was my assumption.
I saw him standing "overwatch" for Persson after a couple big, late saves. 

Pound for pound, Carson might be the strongest guy on the ice. 

Carson is one tough player. When I interviewed him on UND hockey media day he looked like he had a good summer.