SiouxSports.com Forum

Brandon Bochenski

Bacardio

It's great to see Brandon doing well in the AHL, but I'd sure like to see him putting those points up for the Sioux. I know it's the time of the season you got to go with what you've got, but man would it be nice to have Bo going into the Playoff season. That being said I better get back to reality & hope we get Brady & Colby back for the post season.

I still say that he's not ready for the pros.  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fellow Old-Timer, I have to disagree with you for once. If you saw his goal in the AS game, the kid is a sniper at any level and I think he has improved his defensive game immensely (thanks to his time under Blais). He reminds me of a young Luc Robitaille who was also a late draft pick and was always considered unwortht of the next level. My work is going to take me to Ottawa this summer and if the NHL can get its act together I can't wait to watch him play.

He is already in the Pro's and he is doing great.  He is currently in the TOP professional hockey league in North America and maybe the world.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, people said his skating was too poor to play on the next level, the bottom line is the guy knows how to score goals. He has a professional shot and nose for the net, I think he will do fine in the NHL.

He's got one of the most rare natural talents.  A goal scorer.

He has scored goals at every level he has played at. I seem to laugh every time Woog talked about him, because he always mentioned that Brandon's knock is he can't skate. I'll take him "not being able to skate" and scoring goals like he does anyday.

Woog does have his picking points about UND (the assist thing, etc.), but do people only hear the bad things he says? In watching the replay of last year's Final Five title game recently, he was complimentary and respectful of UND's team, and Parise and Bochenski in particular. This is just my opinion, but his glasses are not nearly so darkly tinted, during a broadcast, as the glasses of the typical SS or POI/GPL denizen.

On topic, I could totally understand last Summer that Bochenski thought it might be time to take the next step in his career. With a year in the USHL after HS, he was four years out of school. Contributing three years to UND's cause seemed fair to me, and he was physically mature. In that bigger perspective, it is the departure of Parise, only two years out of HS and not yet physcially mature, that is more surprising. But it's all in the past now anyway. I'm much more interested in watching future Sioux in the MN state HS tourney this week.