SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Northland (Exhibition) (11/1 7 PM)

SWSiouxMN

This team looks like it could make some noise in the summit.  Lots of skill and lots of length.  Still missing a true big, but 1 through 4 are solid.  Long and very athletic with better shooting than we have had for a while.  King is a legitimate playmaker who can find the open man.  I am looking forward to this season.  May need to get hotel rooms in Sioux Falls.  As to the freshman, Bothun and Kraft were clearly the two that stood out and looked like they belong sooner rather than later.  Bothun could be ready to contribute after a redshirt year.  Kraft needs to take a year to learn how to play defense at this level and get in the weight room, but Zach may be one of the best shooters we have had in a long time and he gets the ball out of his hands quick.  With an offense that moves and finds the open look, Kraft will be able to knock those down.  Erickson clearly needs to improve or he will not make it at this level.  Doppler showed glimpses of talent, but may be an inbetween size at this level.  There is at least some potential there though.  Add in Tyree next year and we have a nice looking team for several years to come.  Bring on the Summit!!!

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

This team looks like it could make some noise in the summit.  Lots of skill and lots of length.  Still missing a true big, but 1 through 4 are solid.  Long and very athletic with better shooting than we have had for a while.  King is a legitimate playmaker who can find the open man.  I am looking forward to this season.  May need to get hotel rooms in Sioux Falls.  As to the freshman, Bothun and Kraft were clearly the two that stood out and looked like they belong sooner rather than later.  Bothun could be ready to contribute after a redshirt year.  Kraft needs to take a year to learn how to play defense at this level and get in the weight room, but Zach may be one of the best shooters we have had in a long time and he gets the ball out of his hands quick.  With an offense that moves and finds the open look, Kraft will be able to knock those down.  Erickson clearly needs to improve or he will not make it at this level.  Doppler showed glimpses of talent, but may be an inbetween size at this level.  There is at least some potential there though.  Add in Tyree next year and we have a nice looking team for several years to come.  Bring on the Summit!!!

I’m hoping we have a successful season and then come portal time we keep the core and the big men see what we have and beg to play with them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m hoping we have a successful season and then come portal time we keep the core and the big men see what we have and beg to play with them. 

Teams are going to be throwing bags full of money and car keys at Omot after this season. I truly hope he stays but wouldn’t blame him if he goes and gets paid.

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Teams are going to be throwing bags full of money and car keys at Omot after this season. I truly hope he stays but wouldn’t blame him if he goes and gets paid.

My fear as well. Eli, Tyree and Trey aren’t going anywhere though so maybe he just wants to play with his buds. We shall see but first let’s play this season!

• Upvote 1