SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Tickets

NorthDakotaHockey

In the same vein that the Final Five is held at the X for financial, in addition to logistical reasons, the Gophers play at night because TV wants its biggest draw in prime time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So...maybe Denver should always have the night game. Or Wisconsin then. They both have deals with Fox Sports.

So...maybe Denver should always have the night game. Or Wisconsin then. They both have deals with Fox Sports.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But have we really reached a point where money has to decide EVERY issue? Doesn't "the good of the team" and "a fair playing field" outweigh the almighty dollar? After all, there ARE nine other teams in the WCHA.

I say, if the MacNaughton Cup winner makes it to the Final Five they should receive the national TV exposure. At least that way it is earned, not handed to them based on the distance their campus is from the Xcel.

The TV Schedule, now shows that FOXN will not televize the Friday afternoon semifinal. I thought they originally were televising all games froml the WCHA tourney.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't imagine who would want to watch the CHA championship.

I bet the raking on that one is really low.

But have we really reached a point where money has to decide EVERY issue? Doesn't "the good of the team" and "a fair playing field" outweigh the almighty dollar? After all, there ARE nine other teams in the WCHA.

I say, if the MacNaughton Cup winner makes it to the Final Five they should receive the national TV exposure. At least that way it is earned, not handed to them based on the distance their campus is from the Xcel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, yes.

I think the issue they need to address first is the situation where the play in game winner is forced to play the Friday afternoon game when they would normally be in the night game but were bumped so the Gophers would be on TV at night.

The X is a neutral building but the crowd is pro Gopher.

I am all for rotating the Final Five between different venues. However if other venues don't draw the same crowds then they need to look at keeping it in St Paul for a while.

Unfortunately, yes.

I think the issue they need to address first is the situation where the play in game winner is forced to play the Friday afternoon game when they would normally be in the night game but were bumped so the Gophers would be on TV at night.

The X is a neutral building but the crowd is pro Gopher.

I am all for rotating the Final Five between different venues. However if other venues don't draw the same crowds then they need to look at keeping it in St Paul for a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fully agree. You never know how things will turn out until you try.

Here we go again...FSN not televising the 2:00 pm game Friday. Why would they? If the Gophers are alive, they'll be playing at 7:00 pm. I love how some people defend this just because Minnesota is the "local" team. Here's a news flash, people. While high school kids are busy at class at 2:00 pm while a North Dakota, UMD, St Cloud, AA, or any other school is playing, those same kids are watching TV at 7:00 pm when Minny comes on. Thnk that's not a huge recruiting tool for the Gophers? The Gophers want that 7:00 pm game? They should win the *#^% MacNaughton Cup or have the seeding fall where it may so they play the #1 seed in that game. If the idea is to get out-of-towners to the X to watch some hockey, the way to do it is to let them get there for a 7:00 pm Friday night game, not have them take a day off of work to get there shortly after lunch.