SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey -WCHA

NorthDakotaHockey

I penciled in a sweep against Tech in my latest What-If calculation. Might have to get the eraser ready. We need to sweep them. But I think Tech is a different team this second half. They did a good job getting in front of gopher players tonite, and they were opportunistic. Maybe most important Ellsworth is on the pinnacle of his game right now. One thing that impressed me is, with a road sweep of the gophers looming with the clock winding down, Tech didn't appear to panic. They kept playing hard and stuck to their game. They gave the gophers few chances. The gophers really had a spark there for a while, and Tech weathered the storm.

And the CC fans booed their #1 team at the end of the game  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that's pathetic. (Although the 'Dogs fans booed their #1 team... I thought that was pathetic too) The 'Dogs may have had a tough year, but they were underperforming before, and anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that. This weekend they played much more like the team they were supposed to be all year.

This weekend I saw 4 of the most unbelievable things:

1. MTU sweeps UMN on the road.

2. Michigan loses to tOSU

3. John Scott scores a goal which would be the play of the game if it were the Sioux. Not Scott's goal, mind you, but the pass that set it up. UNBELIEVABLE! WOW! Ok, the fact that Scott scored is pretty incredible too. :D

4. UMD takes 3 of 4 from CC.

Edited by redwing77

oh how the Sioux could use a player like Conner................

by the way, if UMD gets hot, the Sioux might find themselves in Duluth during the playoffs and out of the NCAAs

1. CC

2. DU

3. Wis

4. MN

5. UMD

6. UND

The Sioux better take care of business against AA and SCSUcks and at least split against DU and Wis or they'll be in tough shape.

oh how the Sioux could use a player like Conner................

by the way, if UMD gets hot, the Sioux might find themselves in Duluth during the playoffs and out of the NCAAs

1. CC

2. DU

3. Wis

4. MN

5. UMD

6. UND

The Sioux better take care of business against AA and SCSUcks and at least split against DU and Wis or they'll be in tough shape.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UMD has games against @UofM, @DU and Wisconsin. A touch order. However, they do have two throw away series against BSU and MTU... I see UND finishing in 4th or 5th.

UMD has games against @UofM, @DU and Wisconsin. A touch order. However, they do have two throw away series against BSU and MTU... I see UND finishing in 4th or 5th.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed, but stranger things have happened. duluth just took 3 of 4 on the road against the #1 team in the country while the goofers got beat at home by a last place team. Mn is in a funk right now, Duluth is playing better, and the Sioux can't score. Should be an interesting finish none the less. I'm still hoping they'll finish 3rd but I may be high.

I thought we were so far back from 3rd place that a lot would have to happen to get there.  So my question is, what would have to happen besides us winning out to get us to 3rd place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the four teams in front of the Sioux in lost points, besides the Sioux winning out, it would take the following help from other teams to pass each of those four:

MN lose 3 more

Denver lose 5 more (2 would be to the Sioux, Sioux win h2h tiebreaker)

CC lose 6 more, or 5 more with a tie

Wisco lose 6 more (2 would be to the Sioux)

A long shot at best. Looks like it's the Sioux vs Duluth for the last home ice spot.