SiouxSports.com Forum

Go Team Canada

Let'sGoHawks!

Due to the lack of respect for the game and the dive queens maybe the Russians

deserved what they got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, the Canadians have met the Russians in Championship games many times and the Canadians have had to live with Russians who dive to take penaltys. Therefore, there is no sympathy for Russian players, especially a disrectful showboater like Ovechkin.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was appalled at the lack of class shown by the so-called great hockey fans of Canada who took it upon themselves to boo a Russian Player while he laid on the ice in apparent pain/injury.

This may shock you, but I agree. Actually, all I could think while he laid there and the crowd booed was, Gawd I hope he isn't bleeding because I'm gonna hear about it :(

As for whatever verbal assaults were thrown at Ovechkin, if you say it crossed the line, than that's a shame. HOWEVER, if it was simple taunting...it's only what he had coming to him.

When you run your mouth all week and then don't answer the bell in the biggest game of the tournament, you're going to hear about it.

This may shock you, but I agree. Actually, all I could think while he laid there and the crowd booed was, Gawd I hope he isn't bleeding because I'm gonna hear about it :(

As for whatever verbal assaults were thrown at Ovechkin, if you say it crossed the line, than that's a shame. HOWEVER, if it was simple taunting...it's only what he had coming to him.

When you run your mouth all week and then don't answer the bell in the biggest game of the tournament, you're going to hear about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was sitting very close to Ovechkin. Most of the taunting was well deserved and funny for that matter. But, there was also alot of profanity and just plain stupid things being said. There was even one moron who left his seat to come stand in front of me and yell a very obnoxious and profane comment at him and then run back up to his seat (while the puck was in play). That is the stuff that is un-called for.

I also was near the bench and at one time during the 3rd period a Canadian fan came next to my row and snapped pictures of Ovechkin. After taking the pictures he throw out a "Ovechkin you big f##kin f#g, you big p###y". And yes this was the norm for the crowd in that area. And yes there were plenty of children in the section.

I also was near the bench and at one time during the 3rd period a Canadian fan came next to my row and snapped pictures of Ovechkin. After taking the pictures he throw out a "Ovechkin you big f##kin f#g, you big p###y". And yes this was the norm for the crowd in that area.  And yes there were plenty of children in the section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does any of this relate to the amount of booze sold at the Ralph?

It may, but that is irrelevant.  The comments noted above, in addition to other similar and vulgar statements from Canadian fans in that area of the arena were offensive, classless and certainly exceeded the boundaries of acceptable taunting - no matter the amount of diving/showboating a team/player may have done. 

Thankfully, my children were not present with me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does this differ from the mass chanting of "f__ the Gophers" done at Sioux games? I'm not excusing either type of behavior. I just find it interesting that Sioux fans recognize and condemn classless behavior by other teams' fans, but not their own.

Thank you. I also do not condone either...I just want people to call a spade a spade, regardless of the teams involved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who said anything about condoning it for the "home" team? I haven't heard a "F the Gopher" cheer since I was in college in the 90's in the Old Engelstad. And I'm not sure where it's been said that anybody on here is in favor of such cheers.

How does this differ from the mass chanting of "f__ the Gophers" done at Sioux games? I'm not excusing either type of behavior. I just find it interesting that Sioux fans recognize and condemn classless behavior by other teams' fans, but not their own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey PCM, I think you might be confusing a lot of us with the fans that say F_#k the gophers, however, those clowns that chant that cheer are morons and show little if any class. I know a couple of the fans here personally that are in their thirties and wouldn't participate in such a moronic cheer.

I was sitting very close to Ovechkin.  Most of the taunting was well deserved and funny for that matter.  But, there was also alot of profanity and just plain stupid things being said.  There was even one moron who left his seat to come stand in front of me and yell a very obnoxious and profane comment at him and then run back up to his seat (while the puck was in play).  That is the stuff that is un-called for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that Ovechkin got everything that he deserved. The man is talented, however, he needs to grow up and learn some basic rules about sportmanship, the man is a pre-madonna. I also like the way the Canadians cleaned his clock up and down the ice by checking him every time Ovechkin touched the puck Or by all means act like that in the NHL. Because I bet my next paycheck that if Ovechkin acts like he did in the Ralph the past two weeks he will be getting his @$$ kicked all over the league, the NHL players will not tolerate his crap. I am also sure his coach will know about his antics and stop him long before he hits the ice.

The man is talented, however, he needs to grow up and learn some basic rules about sportmanship, the man is a pre-madonna.

Since Ovechkin is barely 19 years old, he would have a hard time qualifying as a pre-madonna.

Now, Debbie Harry? Pre-madonna. Terri Nunn? Definitely pre-madonna. Laura Brannigan? As pre-madonna as it gets.

Hell, even PCM is a pre-madonna.

Just because I am a Sioux fan and HATE the Gophers doesn't mean I partake in that chant and I don't appreciate the assumption being made. 

I didn't mean to specifically single you out for criticism, although it probably came off that way. I apologize for that.

I was merely trying to point out that nobody has to look north of the border to find examples of classless fan behavior at the REA. We have our own home-grown variety right here in River City.

My intent was to highlight the double standard that exists, not to accuse specific individuals here of doing something classless.

It has been my experience that the Canadians that visit Grand Forks are rude and obnoxious. The only World Junior game that I went to had me sitting next to some overweight Canadian fellow who apparently thought that he had paid for two seats rather than one since one of his roles was pilling over into my seat. Thank god the person on the other side of me was skinny and I could cheat over that way. And yes, he felt it necessary to sit there with his arms crossed the entire game like he was protectiing his territory or something. The worst part was that this guy would stand up and leave while play was going on. Of course, it took him five minutes for his orbit to get him to the aisle. I think I only ended up seeing 20 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Just today, I was in the Perkins parking lot trying to get inside as quick as I could. An old Ontario couple practically ran me over to get a good parking spot. Heaven forbid, let the guy standing in -20 degree weather cross the road instead of zipping right in front of him. Put me in the group that is glad that the tourney is over so we can have our town back.

This may shock you, but I agree. Actually, all I could think while he laid there and the crowd booed was, Gawd I hope he isn't bleeding because I'm gonna hear about it :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough. You knew I had to bring it up. I was hoping he was bleeding :( Of course I'm not really appalled at the Canadians actions. Great Rowdy Fans, the way a HOCKEY game should be. Curse up a storm & drink like there is no tomorow.

The best moment was when I was at a urinal between the second and third periods and the whole packed bathroom starting singing "nanana hey hey hey goodbye...."

Fair enough. You knew I had to bring it up. I was hoping he was bleeding :( Of course I'm not really appalled at the Canadians actions. Great Rowdy Fans, the way a HOCKEY game should be. Curse up a storm & drink like there is no tomorow.

The best moment was when I was at a urinal between the second and third periods and the whole packed bathroom starting singing "nanana hey hey hey goodbye...."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The question there to ask is this, was those guys in line in the bathroom singing to the Russians or to the beer they had bought earlier. ;);):lol::ohmy: Either way, that must have been a great experiance in your life there.