SiouxSports.com Forum

Three Class Basketball is Here

DL Sioux

6 minutes ago, UND08 said:

The middle class will develop into a fun class over time imo as long as programs stay of similar quality (big if).  Devils Lake probably has the inside track right away due to having a pretty strong core of younger kids on the boys side currently, but I could see a Rugby/Kindred/CC/Thompson absolutely challenging them (especially in time).  Those schools take basketball seriously, and I think a state tourney featuring the best 8 teams in that class would make for compelling basketball, even if the general public interest isn't there right away.

Four Winds on line 1!!

In all seriousness though, the middle class is going to be very entertaining and new rivalries will be created.  I can't imagine the DL Sports Center when DL and FW-M play!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

Four Winds on line 1!!

In all seriousness though, the middle class is going to be very entertaining and new rivalries will be created.  I can't imagine the DL Sports Center when DL and FW-M play!!

Oversight on my part to not include FW-M (I was focused on the classic bedroom community "Big B" schools)...The first Satan (I'm stubborn haha)/Indian matchup that happens there's a 100% chance I will make the trek to Devils Lake in time for the start of the C squad game if I have to in order to get a seat.  That was the EXACT matchup I was thinking about!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Oversight on my part to not include FW-M (I was focused on the classic bedroom community "Big B" schools)...The first Satan (I'm stubborn haha)/Indian matchup that happens there's a 100% chance I will make the trek to Devils Lake in time for the start of the C squad game if I have to in order to get a seat.  That was the EXACT matchup I was thinking about!

I'm not sure that would be early enough!! It's going to be wild.  Interested to see if they follow the B way and play once a year or the A way and play twice a year.  Scheduling in the new Region 2 is going to be difficult if they only play once with only 6 teams in the region.

• Upvote 1

Williston and watford city are terrible in both football and basketball now

years ago watford and Beulah where top dogs in these sports 

it’s been awhile since Williston has been good in either sport 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:13 PM, Kab said:

didn’t say that , more weekend games 

Yeah its just not remotely realistic.

hockey, boys basketball, swimming wrestling girls bouncyball, infrastructure, personnel, drama, debate, choir, gymnastics transportation, Sundays, weather... just pure miles......

Just a different world than EDC

but I do agree it's not fun watching kids get home at 2am go to school at 7:30 and then practice and lift after that.

it's incredibly unhealthy