SiouxSports.com Forum

Wookie Signs

Diggler

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tie Domi. Stu and Bob occasionally scored goals.

Stu (Grimson) occasionally scored goals?!?!?!? That HAS TO qualify as the most laughable thing I've read in a long time.

The man's career-high was three for crying out loud. But I suppose, in the spirit of semantics, that does qualify as occasionally scoring goals.

The window of opportunity for sign ideas is about to close. To go along with the Xmas ones, tonight I'll make these:

1. Griffs' D.L.--Bognar--Pulled groin

2. Hey, Griffs! Where's Bognar hangin' out tonight?

3. Mr. Durno, grow back that hair

4. Chewie/Yummy

Any other requests? And, to whom should I make delivery?

I finished the four signs I said I'd make and have taken sosiouxme up on the offer to make a couple more. I suggested sosiouxme make one of the Pee Wee/Bognar suggestions or a before/after of Durno with the tagline, "Durno--Sue Your Barber!" or "Not-so-great clips" One of you--Forecheck, Diggler, MNS--post a location so we can find you tonight.

We'll be on the glass. I don't know which section though. Our seats are in 109, but we are going to try to sit in 108. Since none of the students show up till game time anyways, we shouldn't be tough to find though. Especially since therre aren't gonna be any students at these games.

Unfortunately, it's not on the Herald's Web site, buy Virg Foss paid homage to UND's Jon Durno fans on the sports page today. He ran pictures of Durno before and after his haircut right next to a large picture of a wookie. ;)

PCM--

I laughed when I saw that. In the same sidebar, Virg threw down the challenge to the students to "think of something" to berate Durno about. I'm sure with semester over the student contigent will be small but vocal, especially with the old crew in the lower bowl for this series.

The signs sound great YaneA.  We'll be down on the glass.  I have a little something of my own planned that I thought of while driving back to Grand Forks this morning....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I told you...NO STREAKING! ;);)

Sic--I think those apologies are meant for Lionel Ritchie, who's still alive to receive them. Another scathing parody from you but now I can't get that damn song ("Brick House" by the Commodores circa 1977) outta my head.

Upon further research I see that although Lionel Ritchie was the lead singer for the Commodores at the time, the lead vocalist on the song is the drummer, Walter Orange. Ritchie sang backup on it.