SiouxSports.com Forum

UND TO D1-AA ?

timbo

I am a huge bison fan and i am saying that right off the bat just to let you know where i stand. I was just curious what you guys all think of the possiblities of UND going d1. i would love to see it happen.

In my opinion if the d-2 commitee drops the number of scholarships [which i think they will] UND will be forced to leave in a way because they dont want to be part of a watered down d-2. it would not be the same ad it was.

I am a huge bison fan and i am saying that right off the bat just to let you know where i stand. I was just curious what you guys all think of the possiblities of UND going d1. i would love to see it happen.

In my opinion if the d-2 commitee drops the number of scholarships [which i think they will] UND will be forced to leave in a way because they dont want to be part of a watered down d-2. it would not be the same ad it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not gonna happen anytime soon. No money. All the recruits are being told we are staying DII.

OK UND-1:

why would UND want to stay in d2 and be tied down dont you think that that would make them rethink the direction they are going, because if what i have been told from some of my UND buds is that they are looking at the move closer then they have before.

Mr. ratrink the reaseonn i askis my friends down here dont give me a straight answer they always just bash the bison. thats why i have asked it.

This topic has been discussed many times before as couteaurinkrat stated. I happend to be at Dagwoods following the game on Saturday. I was fortunate enough to be sitting next to one of the football coaches. I asked him if he had any info on a possible move to D1...He stated he doesn't see it happening any time soon. He said our President doesn't think the money is there to support a move. I also asked him his thoughts on the Alerus possibly hosting the DII championship in football. He said that Florence does a heck of a job in rolling out the red carpet for teams and fans and it would be difficult to out bid them.

This topic has been discussed many times before as couteaurinkrat stated.  I happend to be at Dagwoods following the game on Saturday.  I was fortunate enough to be sitting next to one of the football coaches.  I asked him if he had any info on a possible move to D1...He stated he doesn't see it happening any time soon.  He said our President doesn't think the money is there to support a move.  I also asked him his thoughts on the Alerus possibly hosting the DII championship in football.  He said that Florence does a heck of a job in rolling out the red carpet for teams and fans and it would be difficult to out bid them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you !!!!!