SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at MTU

Shawn-O

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get to listen. Great to see we could find the net tonite. Nice to see scoring spread around. Nice to see defensemen get in the goal scoring column.

Question: I see we had 6 shots in the first. Did we pick it up any better than that in following periods?

Our schedule was tough at the start.Its only going to help us in the long run.Had to deal with some key injuries but what team doesn't.Whats been the dogs problem this year?Its still kind of early but I would have bet my house that they would be in the top 3 at least in the league right now.

Our schedule was tough at the start.Its only going to help us in the long run.Had to deal with some key injuries but what team doesn't.Whats been the dogs problem this year?Its still kind of early but I would have bet my house that they would be in the top 3 at least in the league right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No leadership. Junior Lessard was an amazing player, Evan Schwabe can't step into his shoes. He's not getting the big goals. Or the little ones. He's got 18 points but 11 are assists and when you're the leader, you're not supposed to be the one with all the assists.

The defensive leadership is lacking too, without All-American Beau Geisler. They are leaving Isaac and Josh high and dry. Your defense has been doing that to Phil but at least the offense is scoring to make up for it.

I had hope in this game, 2 quick goals got us within one but we're going nowhere now.

Didn't get to listen.  Great to see we could find the net tonite.  Nice to see scoring spread around.  Nice to see defensemen get in the goal scoring column.

Question:  I see we had 6 shots in the first.  Did we pick it up any better than that in following periods?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MTU replaced Ellsworth with Luker to start the second. He appeared to play a real solid game. UND didn't seem to do much in the second (they sounded very flat that period) but was cycling the puck well in the third and despite the fact he gave up three goals, Luker did a pretty good job stopping UND - Lammy, on the other hand, didn't have a real strong game and obviously the penalty kill was a bit off tonight.

3 goals for the d, 3 points for Stafford and it sounded like Massen and Fylling had very good games.