SiouxSports.com Forum

Michigan Tech

NorthDakotaHockey

Geez. Here it is Friday and not a word, at least as far as a cursory look on the board shows me, of this weekend's series with Tech. I hope that the sweep over St. Clown, or the tryptophan from yesterday, does not have everyone figuring that a sweep is imminent or that Tech will be a pushover.

To state the obvious, Tech is a WCHA team which, by definition, makes them no pushover. A review of their schedule shows that they have had no easy go of it so far, and have played very little at home. They have played some tight games They are an experienced squad, with some quality players, and with a young coach who is hungry to restore the team to prominence. On the other hand, our guys have been on a long bus ride, are sleeping in hotel beds, and are on somewhat unfamiliar ice.

Since this board has been known to host a fair number of boo birds, here is saying right now that the old adage to win at home and to hope for a split on the road still holds true.

As such, 1-1 this weekend, or some combination of 3-1 over the next two weeks, will be perfectly acceptable.

There are no bottom feeds in this league.

Sure, a sweep is a distinct possibility, probably either way. I'm all for a Sioux sweep, but I ain't gonna be ledge walking if Tech plays 'em close or takes one away.

Besides, it's the Holidays. We should all be in the Spirit of giving. That shouldn't end on the ice now, should it? Eh?

Geez. does not have everyone figuring that a sweep is imminent or that Tech will be a pushover.

As such, 1-1 this weekend, or some combination of 3-1 over the next two weeks, will be perfectly acceptable.

There are no bottom feeds in this league. 

Sure, a sweep is a distinct possibility, probably either way.  I'm all for a Sioux sweep, but I ain't gonna be ledge walking if Tech plays 'em close or takes one away. 

Besides, it's the Holidays.  We should all be in the Spirit of giving.  That shouldn't end on the ice now, should it?  Eh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to say that nothing less than a sweep this weekend would be exceptable. MTU is a bottom feeder and is 1-10 for a reason. They aren't that good.

Are the games going to be on Fargo TV? Some of the games this year are being shown on Cable One channel 7 but I'm not sure about this one. Anyone know?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe when Houghton gets electricity they will be able to televise the games up there, until then...

:lol::ohmy:

The Sioux need 3-4 pts out of this weekend. I know we need to take it one game at a time but I am hoping for a 6 game win streak going into the DECC where I hope to witness another strong Sioux performance as I witnessed last year at the DECC. Hopefully Murray will be back for the Duluth series but we shall see.