SiouxSports.com Forum

It's Time for the Best Road Trip of the Year

Fedorov

Anyone else making the trip to Madison? I expect a lot of Sioux fans there as usual. I hope the Badgers are going downhill right now after their sweep, and not fired up to play us. We definitely need to shut down Earl this year. I would like to see Lammy and Brandt play this weekend, but I know I'm in the minority. It will be fun to see the best WCHA crowd with the students standing the whole game, and everyone else standing several times during the game. :silly:

i'll be there as well, two sections from the badger students in 110, and yes the sioux flag will make the trip as well! The nitty gritty is a great place to eat before the game, tons of badger fans along with a few sioux fans. should be a great series as long as the sioux dont choke like last year, man that sucked!

I will be in Madtown with a group of eight people. Two years ago we made the trip and I remember Broadstreet Brats (I think that's what it is called) as being a good place. The waitress let us put a Sioux Jersey on the wooden Bucky statue they have at the bar and we took a picture...that's about all I can remeber from the trip. I would agree that the Madison trip is probably the best road trip for hockey fans to take.

I will be in Madtown with a group of eight people.  Two years ago we made the trip and I remember Broadstreet Brats (I think that's what it is called) as being a good place.  The waitress let us put a Sioux Jersey on the wooden Bucky statue they have at the bar and we took a picture...that's about all I can remeber from the trip.  I would agree that the Madison trip is probably the best road trip for hockey fans to take.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seem to remember that too. Do I know you? :silly:

I think it's called State Street Brats. Birthplace of the Jag-Bomb (at least to me anyway).

this is one trip i will hope to make next year..could not pass up the on the gophs series this year coming from az so that was my road trip for the 1st half of the season..wisc would be a blast. hope i can make that next year if they play in madison...have a great time and go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is one trip i will hope to make next year..could not pass up the on the gophs series this year coming from az so that was my road trip for the 1st half of the season..wisc would be a blast. hope i can make that next year if they play in madison...have a great time and go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would suggest making a reservation with the HoJo as soon as the schedule is released. It is within walking distance of the Kohl Center and it is where the team stays. There are better hotels and cheaper hotels, but it is worth it for the benefits.

We are going to the Friday game. Had tickets for both nights but turns out

my daughter has a dress rehearsal for a school play that she cannot miss on Saturday.

Bought our tickets at the same time, damned near when they first went on sale. Got seats three rows off the ice for Friday, all they had for Saturday was three rows into the upper deck!

Brandt needs to get back into the rotation. He will prove himself to be The Man down the stretch if given the chance.

Cool, thanks for the info...will look into it as soon as the new schedule is released...

I would suggest making a reservation with the HoJo as soon as the schedule is released. It is within walking distance of the Kohl Center and it is where the team stays. There are better hotels and cheaper hotels, but it is worth it for the benefits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will have a group of six there, with four of us in the RV. It will be our first trip to Madison, and should be a road trip for the ages, with a trek up to Lambeau for Vikes-Pack on the agenda for Sunday. So where are you Sioux fans hanging out before the game? State Street Brats? Other? Anyone?