SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mankato Sat

sprig

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear Massen get a goal. I've been pulling for him to score all period as the Mankato announcers rave about the "vice" the sioux forwards are putting on the Mavs.

Maybe Greene should sit for Radke from now on. He's got to stay out of the box. This is too much.

Lammy made 31 saves? wow. Great job Lammy!

Great job Massen with the GWG. It's fantastic to get a GWG from our 4th line.

Maybe one thing our team can take from this win is how the forwards turned it up in the 3rd. It's inexcusable that it takes 5 periods for this to happen, but maybe they learned the difference between playing hard, and really playing up to their abilities.

Saves in the game were 30 (or 31, not sure) to 22 for Volp.  Not acceptable.

However, good to see the Sioux really turn up the heat in the last 10 minutes.  That's the Sioux team I'm used to!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not acceptable to you. If something is unacceptable, there needs to be a consequence. What are you going to do about it, quit watching Sioux hockey? With as much trouble as the Sioux have had over the years with Mankato, I can't believe the griping of so many Sioux fans. 3 out of 4 points in Mankato hasn't been the norm for the Sioux, save for last year. Remember that with Parise and Bochenski the Sioux were swept there two years ago. Last year Mankato had so many injuries that they couldn't field a competitive team. Those players that saw ice time during those injuries have grown up a bit, and the players that are back give them the depth they didn't have. Mankato is going to give a lot of teams a run for their money this year, especially at home. I for one am not going to complain about 3 points out of Mankato, no matter how we got them. I'd rather have 3 points having been outshot by a little, than be snakebitten like the Sioux were two years ago. The Sioux did have 5 freshmen in the lineup that haven't played a WCHA series before, granted a few played pretty well. I'm looking on the bright side of how well Lamoureaux played in his first game.

Nobody's complaining about the points. The problem is the effort.

Looking at the effort from Maine to the "effort" in Mankato, you can't tell me they were the same.

Whatever happened on the ice, the important thing is the point column goes up again. A successful weekend, but not a pretty one.