SiouxSports.com Forum

Wooden Stick

dagies

During Saturday's game I thought I heard Hennessey mention that a Sioux player is using one of those "old fashioned" wooden sticks. I thought he may have been referring to Spirko. But I was listening while watching a football game so wasn't sure if I heard that right.

Anyway, considering how many of the new composite sticks seem to break at the wrong time, I was curious if indeed a Sioux player, especially a forward was actually using one. I'll cheer even more for him.

During Saturday's game I thought I heard Hennessey mention that a Sioux player is using one of those "old fashioned" wooden sticks.  I thought he may have been referring to Spirko.  But I was listening while watching a football game so wasn't sure if I heard that right.

Anyway, considering how many of the new composite sticks seem to break at the wrong time, I was curious if indeed a Sioux player, especially a forward was actually using one.  I'll cheer even more for him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be Greene. I think he is the only one that still uses a wood stick. He seems to break 2 or 3 a game, usually over an opponent.

During Saturday's game I thought I heard Hennessey mention that a Sioux player is using one of those "old fashioned" wooden sticks.  I thought he may have been referring to Spirko. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dagies,

Spirko was not using a wood stick last Saturday.

Although I can't say for sure, I am in agreement with jloos that it is likely Greene based on comments MG has made in past interviews with regard to wood sticks.

I still use the trusty Sher-Wood, I don't like the graphite stick I bought a few years ago. Once I graduate and actually have some $ I'll have to try those new composite sticks. I tried my cousin's last year and liked it, but they are spendy.

I still use the trusty Sher-Wood, I don't like the graphite stick I bought a few years ago.  Once I graduate and actually have some $ I'll have to try those new composite sticks.  I tried my cousin's last year and liked it, but they are spendy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a Bauer Vapor composite before I left MSP last winter for about $185. Great stick, but I prefer the weight of wood stick, but miss the flex of a composite. A couple of the guys I played pond/scrub hockey with broke their graphites/composites, Eastons(?) on rough patches on the ice.

I *believe* that Christian is supposed to be working on a generation of wood sticks that offer strength, but good flex too.