SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-15, 6-7) vs USD (11-8, 9-2) 2/14 230

SWSiouxMN

UND played possibly their best game of the season behind Panoam's game of his life.  They look for a surprising sweep in what is right now scheduled to be the final home game of the season*

*I say final because there is no guarantee that UND doesn't try to find a game to play during their BYE week.

Other Summit Action:

Kansas City finishes the sweep of Omaha and now sits .500 in conference play.  They are the biggest threat to UNDs hold on the 5 seed and with a favorable matchup against DU, they have a great shot of getting to 7-5.  Omaha is still winless and starting to get desperate for that first win and getting out of the Summit basement

WIU heads into the BYE week on a 5 game winning streak, taking down DU.  WIU punched their ticket to Sioux Falls and can get healthy before a showdown with ORU to finish the season

ORU took down SDSU behind a monster night from Abmas.  Big chance for ORU to get to the top of the standings with another win.  Another story was the benching of Friedel in the 2nd half.  Can SDSU respond like they did last weekend against the Yotes?

Honor Thy Senior:

This weekend UND honors the lone senior on the squad: Bentiu Panoam.  After two years in a reserve role with the squad, he really came along to provide a spark for the team since his insertion to the starting lineup.  He has been a prime example of always working hard and waiting for his chance to make and impact and he certainly has made the most of it.  Averaging 10.6 ppg, and 44.2% shooting from 3, he has really ignited the offense.  He certainly has turned into a key cog into the lineup.  Yesterday was the best game of his life and UND needed every point to come away with yesterdays win.  His work ethic is 2nd to none, the Miller article goes into great detail about it.  

Keys:

1) Can UND duplicate their performance from yesterday?

2) How does USD get more of their supporting cast involved?

The call:

I thought that this would have been the one that UND would win before what happened today.  Now I expect the Yotes to bounce back with a little more help from the supporting cast.  However, if UND shoots like they did yesterday, they will have a chance.  One thing to watch:  Will the Yotes use more of that 2-3 zone that they did in the 2nd half?  Expect another big game from AJ and Umude.  I think Rebraca does a little bit more by hitting a few more jump shots but it won't be enough

USD 81-74

Game is on the Tres and Midco