SiouxSports.com Forum

Computer Monitor for Sports (buying advice)

nodak651

I am looking for a new computer monitor for work, but I will also be using it to stream live sports.  Many of the larger monitors now come with curved screens... have any of you watched games on this type of monitor or tv?  Curious if it is a good or bad feature to have?  I would be sitting at my desk while watching, so I'd be fairly close to the monitor.

Also, high refresh rates and response times are obviously important, but at what point do better stats here not make a difference?  How fast are sources from ESPN3/+ and NCHC.TV in terms of refresh rate and response time, for example?

I am currently looking at these two monitors here, but maybe something cheaper would work out just as well?

Any input would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I am looking for a new computer monitor for work, but I will also be using it to stream live sports.  Many of the larger monitors now come with curved screens... have any of you watched games on this type of monitor or tv?  Curious if it is a good or bad feature to have?  I would be sitting at my desk while watching, so I'd be fairly close to the monitor.

Also, high refresh rates and response times are obviously important, but at what point do better stats here not make a difference?  How fast are sources from ESPN3/+ and NCHC.TV in terms of refresh rate and response time, for example?

I am currently looking at these two monitors here, but maybe something cheaper would work out just as well?

Any input would be appreciated.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z43-425-inch-4k-uhd-display

my dad uses this one