SiouxSports.com Forum

Better ways for student tickets?

The Sicatoka

If I remember correctly, back in my day every game was first come first served. Maybe that's another good way to make sure people can make it to at least some games if they really want to.

This is what Jordan wanted to do after the original idea fell apart, but REA doesn't want this because then they can't kick people and keep them out as easily. At least that is the reason I've heard. Seems to me you could just invalidate their ID like they did the first two years. :D

Sorry to beat a dead horse... :D

I just had a thought about season tix for next year.

How about we have the line away from the Ralph, and have some type of physical chart with seat numbers that you can take off and claim?

The key is to take the Ralph out of the distribution equation, and this way people could camp out.

Perhaps they could hold an "official" hockeyfest in, say, Memorial Stadium parking lot? It would be fun, safe, and very well monitored. Plus, die hard fans wouldn't get left in the dust...and the words LOTTERY or RAFFLE won't be uttered.

I'm sure going to miss the "Kiss Cam" signs and other such paraphenalia near the opposing penalty box.... :D

Give the students 107-110 in the lower bowl, that way they won't infringe on people who wish to sit and watch the games.

Do either 1) Camp out at Memorial Stadium, have a giant board with a diagram of the seats. Let students start camping Thursday night and stay til Sunday. Allow alcohol, charge students $5-10 more per season for tickets to help pay for some security. First come first serve. Keep the card-stamp process, as to help prevent budging on Sunday.

2) General Admission, however when students are let into the game, swipe both their student ID. That way, if any student needs to be kicked out, you can swipe his ID and make it so that student cannot get back into any hockey games for the remainder of the season. If it comes down to it, kick some students out, the other students will then know that the Ralph is serious and they will behave themselves.

3) Do a lottery system, but announce it more than 5 hours before you're actually going to do it. Have it be weighted by years students have gotten tickets, followed by seniority.

I think the best idea is a line and I still do not see what the problem is. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. First come first served is always fair and impartial. Start of the line and end of the line is simple enough for kindergarteners, it should work for college students and REA officials. Scratch that... should work for college students. :D

Wouldn't a simple solution be to have students sign up for a lottery drawing when they register for school?? All students could be asked, at that time, if they want tickets....after registration was over, the lottery would be conducted, and students notified.

Am I over-simplifying the problem?!?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is absolutely no unselfish reason that students who had season tickets last year couldn't have just renewed.

After that, there should be a weighted lottery based on credit hours. Thank you , goodbye.