SiouxSports.com Forum

Russian Girls @ WCOH Game

MafiaMan

As promised in an earlier post, attached is a link to my pic from the Russia/USA hockey game held at Xcel Energy Center a few weeks ago. Mid-way thru the game, several college-age Russian cuties made their way over to our section and asked to have their picture taken with my buddy (USA jersey) and me (CCCP jersey). None of them spoke a lot of English, but I did understand the words "hockey," "Americanski," and "peecture". Oh to be in college again...and oh those accents...

Да здравствует российские малыши!

(translation: Long live Russian hockey babes!)

Just to keep this a topic relevant to Sioux hockey and so I won't potentially be bashed, what's looking like the funnest road series to make a trip for this season? @ Maine? @ UMD? Wisconsin? Michigan Tech? I'm leaning towards Michigan Tech as I have never been to Houghton before, unlike most other WCHA venues. Anyone else a road trekkie?

MafiaMan

p.s. Sorry about the avatar being removed by the administrator. It was fun while it lasted though, huh?

Russian Girls & MafiaMan

For the five minutes that those girls spent with us, I was a legend in the eyes of everyone in our section, CFM...and in my own eyes.

Maine might be just a bit too far this year, plus it coincides with our fall state softball tournament. I've always wanted to see that venue, though. Maybe next season...

For the five minutes that those girls spent with us, I was a legend in the eyes of everyone in our section, CFM...and in my own eyes.

Maine might be just a bit too far this year, plus it coincides with our fall state softball tournament. I've always wanted to see that venue, though. Maybe next season...

I have a fondness for Maine hockey fans since the National Championship out in Providence in 2000. They were ALL for UND during the title game against BC. I guess Maine/BC is a rivalry similar to UND/Minnesota and once they were eliminated in the Final Four game they jumped on the Sioux bandwagon.