SiouxSports.com Forum

Listen online?

Bashaw Fan

Until Friday night the athletic dept had apparently decided not to offer internet audio for Sioux sports. An email campaign changed their minds, but they linked to the wrong radio station yesterday and those of us trying to listen to the football game got KFAN talk shows out of the Twin Cities instead.

Possibly everything will be "fixed" and working by the the time hockey starts, but don't hold you breath. The person who ran the audio last year left the dept, and a new person has to be trained.

UND is making excuses. It really isn't that difficult. The radio station has not changed from last year, so there should be no problem. You don't need to train a person to do this, because there is nothing to do. It's already been done. :p

I think you should take over, Diggler. You better do it for free too, since you've been going to games for free. :0

Of course, this excludes hockey for the last couple of years.

As someone who's been spoiled by high-speed internet access, except by employers who hide me behind firewalls during tourney time and expect me to work :love:, how well would the broadcasts do on dial-up? I listened a number of times last season, and the buffering sometimes would take forever. :p

As someone who's been spoiled by high-speed internet access, except by employers who hide me behind firewalls during tourney time and expect me to work  :love:, how well would the broadcasts do on dial-up?  I listened a number of times last season, and the buffering sometimes would take forever.  :p

Never had a problem with streaming audio on dialup, except during the first couple years access was limited, and once capacity was reached noone else got in, not matter how they connected.

Of course, dataflix has often had problems no matter what the user had at his end; 1mb download speed doesn't do the trick at times.

Currently, with the athletic depts. original consideration to drop internet audio entirely, didn't matter what you have (obviously). Now that it will be offered, they just need to stream the right radio station (Sat. afternoon KFAN Formual 1 talk show is not what I expected when I clicked the football link).

Currently, with the athletic depts. original consideration to drop internet audio entirely,

Where did you hear this? I don't recall the athletic dept. making such a statement.

You had to be around the football forum the previous three weekends to see what was going on. The information in my first post in that thread was copied from an email from the UND Alumni organization.

There was no statement or any other kind of information out of the athletic dept concerning the audio up to last weekend (other than what they told the UND Alumni). Here is the recent release (yesterday) from the athletic department after an email campaign helped them make their decision to offer it again.

The technical difficulties were:

1. Not hooking it up at all for the first two football weekends.

2. Hooking it up but streaming the wrong station last weekend.

I think that we can now hope that the audio will be working by the time hockey starts, and maybe even by (holding breath) the next football game.

Yeah, that's right. Because someone disagreed with me about protective netting I decided to start another "argument" elsewhere. Please.

All I asked, Sprig, was where you got the information on which to base your statement. I was merely curious if it was assumption or fact-based.

That is all.

Yes, he did provide the information I was looking for and I stated that. I only took exception his last statement about me stirring things up because of a position I took in another thread, which was completely untrue.

I see that comment has since been removed from his post though.

Yes, he did provide the information I was looking for and I stated that. I only took exception his last statement about me stirring things up because of a position I took in another thread, which was completely untrue.

Ah, therefore I've deleted my response to you as well. No sense messing this up.

As you can see, when you respond to someone without quoting, you may find the post you responded to disappear :p

The technical difficulties were:

1. Not hooking it up at all for the first two football weekends.

2. Hooking it up but streaming the wrong station last weekend.

I think that we can now hope that the audio will be working by the time hockey starts, and maybe even by (holding breath) the next football game.

At Fargo Sioux Boosters today, the Assistant AD said that the technical difficulties have been addressed and the audio will be working during UND's next football game.

At Fargo Sioux Boosters today, the Assistant AD said that the technical difficulties have been addressed and the audio will be working during UND's next football game.

Good to hear; maybe we can expect it to be up and running for the remainder of the football season and the entire hockey season.