SiouxSports.com Forum

The SiouxSports.com WCHA Pre-Season Poll

diggerdan

Jim, weather we agree or disagree it really doesn't matter. When you made you picks in Sept how were going to know that this season would be the way it stands now? Afterall I guess that's why they play the game to show who's where in the standings. HEY HEY TAMPA BAY GO BUCS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
At the fear of being unpopular for ranking the Sioux too low and the puppies too high:

1. St. Cloud

2. Minnesota

3. Denver

4. Colorado College

5. Wisconsin

6. North Dakota

7. Duluth

8. Alaska-Anchorage

9. Mankato

10. Michigan Tech

Bump! My UND prediction is looking a lot better now than it did Jan. 1. Swap SCSU & Mankato and it's not bad at all...

Playing so many games on the road in the second half of the season, I believe, really limits the team's chance of being a 1-2-3 WCHA team when you look at the talent/ability of those 4 teams.

By the time playoffs start we may not be a "1-2-3" WCHA team but, I think, we'll be one of the "scariest" teams in the nation, the team other teams don't want to meet in a playoff situation. And that's the situation in which Coach Blais' teams shine.

Selective edit of my Sept post -- nice to go back and see what we all expected from the team. It was easy to get swept up mid-season with the "non" losing streak. Although it wasn't expected that this team would be under .500 in the last 10 games, the team is poised to do what many expected them to do at the beginning of the year -- compete for a playoff berth. In two weeks the new season begins and I believe this team will be ready to go and ready to prove something to themselves, their fans and their opponents. Go Sioux.