SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Clubs

cfm567b27

When I was in the Varsity CLub, my card said Varsity on it and we were not allowed in there. When we went to Coaches club, the card just said my name but not the club level. What I heard from someone at Engelstad is that my new cards will all say my name on them and I can give them to whoever to gain access into the clubs. I think it is going to be coaches club and above only in there before the games but not sure about the intermissions and following the games. We should know in a couple of days either way for sure...

When I was in the Varsity CLub, my card said Varsity on it and we were not allowed in there. When we went to Coaches club, the card just said my name but not the club level. What I heard from someone at Engelstad is that my new cards will all say my name on them and I can give them to whoever to gain access into the clubs. I think it is going to be coaches club and above only in there before the games but not sure about the intermissions and following the games. We should know in a couple of days either way for sure...

Would be nice to see them return to at least limited access to the south end club prior to and during the games. The club was no where near overcrowded when they just allowed "Coaches" and above entry. Of course that motivated the "all access" push (revenue) and pissed off the bar seat holders. I think that would make the bar seat patrons happy and surely would make those in the Coaches club feel like they were getting a little more for their $1000 than the option at lower bowl seats and a media guide.

I'd also guess (note the word guess), based on getting my FSC club cards for 2004-2005 that don't have a "level" designation on them, that any member of the FSC will be allowed in.

I don't know why I just looked at this now... but the FSC cards indeed do have a designation on them. At least mine do. Maybe they only put those designations on the cards that give access to the tailgating tent, club bars, etc.? Not sure... :p

I don't know why I just looked at this now... but the FSC cards indeed do have a designation on them. At least mine do. Maybe they only put those designations on the cards that give access to the tailgating tent, club bars, etc.? Not sure... :p

I was looking at the wrong thing when I spoke the first time. They do have a level designation on them.

:p Found this info on the FSC website. http://www.undalumni.org/Forms/Penalty%20box%20text_1.pdf

I guess that a donation of $1100 just is not enough to warrant access to the club lounges. I will be finding someplace other than REA to spend my time and money prior to the games.

How many more benefits will be taken away before the fans say "enough"?

The "Penalty Box", how about naming it the "The Barn", that will be how it feels when club members are herded into the new bar with every other fan in the building!