SiouxSports.com Forum

Whats up with TB job?

sioumann

Has anybody heard whats going on with the future of TB .I had heard he was out in 30 days,but some people are saying his job is safe.feedback from people in town says a change is needed.

Are you talking about the Tampa Bay job?

Please elaborate.

BINGO...that's the TB we all know and NOT love...saw him at the Hak Press Conference...walking around in the background acting all smug...like nothing was going on...far from "THE INCIDENT" where he badmouthed ES and TC then they "found out"...and he got called into a "come to Jesus" meeting. According to first hand reports...by the end he was covering his ears and wailing like a baby while he was taken to the woodshed...pretty sad...right RALPH?? I guess the final outcome is still TBD...we'll see...

Good rule to live by regarding TC: Don't mess with that Marine.

I'm pretty sure he still has a pair of boots and will put them wherever they need to be (if you get what I'm sayin'). I think Toby Keith would put it, " ... it's the American way." :0

Good rule to live by regarding TC: Don't mess with that Marine.

I'm pretty sure he still has a pair of boots and will put them wherever they need to be (if you get what I'm sayin'). I think Toby Keith would put it, " ... it's the American way." :lol:

You had to quote that song, didn't you? :0

as usual...the Sicatoka is CORRECT...he's still picking pieces of leather out of....welll...where the sun doesn't shine...apparently there's some concern about shifting gears with the World JR's so close...that might be the shoestring thats helping him hang on....

They had some great people wanting that job when it came out,but ralph wanted a one year deal to start.Its tough for a guy to move his family and ony have a year to prove him self.If that job opens you well see some great names wanting it.I can think of some strong names that live in the grand forks area,that would do a great job.The next guy needs tobe a UND grad with alot of hockey background and some legal back ground that would help with all the legal matters,but the first thing that needs to happen is that person needs to work close with UND athletics not just hockey.Ralph built this building for HOCKEY. but We need the ralph for other events..Ralph did a wonderful thing for our town ,lets not let one or two people screw it up for the rest of us and our KIDS.

I heard the same 7 titles,BUT I hear their is a audit going on as we speak and rumor has it that they my find somethings that could bite somebody in the ass.If he stays get a second job so we can take our kids to the up coming sioux events.I wonder when he is going to start charging for parking.

I remember a few years ago when Terry W was our AD everything he didnt do was in the paper the next day.With all the problems with REA and I hear they is some unhappy people at the athletic department also.It makes you wonder way things are not being printed.I personaly think that if changes are made at REA ,and you get the right guy in their that can work with UND athletics the whole program would be better off. We have the best building on the planet and a sports program that is one of ths best in the country,you have to find a way to make it work.

OK, I’ll be the heavy here. How much of TB’s issues has been his demeanor compared with his lack of flattering boosters’ egos? I know DB had his issues with him, but if TB is such a problem, shouldn’t TC and ES be getting more flack? After all, as REA board members, they hired him and the buck stops with them. Didn’t the REA Board, TC, ES, and an Engelstad family rep included, approve (or even mandate) the annual financial goals for the REA, including financing the Betty, that TB has to meet? Wouldn’t a lot of the grumbling about REA prices be directed at any REA manager, no matter who he was? Perhaps it is a job requirement that TB take some flack, which few UND insiders could stomach, rather than the board.

I personally have tremendous confidence in TC and ES, and I also believe that they have quite aggressive plans for UND’s future. Those plans don’t come cheap. As great as Ralph’s gift was, I am sure he realized it would create changes that some fans would not like. With a waiting list for season tickets, it would be foolhardy to expect REA pricing to come down with such high demand, even without TB. It is also in UND’s overall best interest to showcase the REA as much as possible, even if it means practicing on the Olympic ice. :0 Welcome to the world of big-time biz .. err ... athletics. :lol:

Rumor has it Mr TB wanted TC and ES off the board because they didnt like the way he was doing some things, and it was some vegas people including Ralphs wife and daughter who put the stop to send TB packing.Maybe thats way this audit is going on as we speak.Its okay to make money for a program,but dont forget the people who made the program happen and thats whats happening.Reggie M helped get TB his job,why is Reggie off the board?:0??

I dont think siouxman is saying their arent budgets to meet, and bottom lines to achieve, it just seems as though TB has rubbed a few people, maybe a few too many people the wrong way. One being TC and ES as well as a few other higher peolpe in the community.