SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Miller

Sandman

Drafted by Green Bay Gamblers in USHL 2nd round.....will spend upcoming season in USHL and enroll in UND in fall of 2005......spent past 3 years at Shattuck St. Marys and grew up in Toronto area......good speed, good hands and good ice sense......should be a good UND addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure is, I have been friends with Brad for a long time. About 4 years now. We played together back in Ga. before he went to Shattuck. Great kid, he has really improved over the past few seasons. Although he was born in Canada, grew up in Alpharetta, Ga, a suburb of Atlanta.

Brad Miller is extremely talented. The reason he has to play Juniors is

because he has always played on teams in Georgia where he was “the only

player”. They had no other players to put around him, so he never learned

how to play with other talented guys. He isn't lacking "any" skills. Once

he figures out how to put all the pieces together, and how to play with

other talented players, he will be a great college player. He is a great

kid and works hard. It's only a matter of time.

Too bad your wrong buddy, many of us have gone on to play in junior leagues, just because we're from georgia doesn't mean we don't know how to play hockey, i'm not even from georgia, that is where i lived, so that is where i played, i was drafted to the Springfield Junior Blues, in the NAHL. So hockey isn't as bad as you would think. Yes there were other players around him, he went off to SSM, and the rest of us didn't.

usually teams from the south are decent to good cause of the ice time factor. Here there are so many teams and so little ice there they probably have only a couple teams. With all that ice time and traveling to tournys up north players and teams get good. Many teams from cali are good that ive played.

How many of Brad Miller's former teammates (from Georgia) are playing junior hockey? How many of his Shattuck teammates will go on to junior hockey?

I think I can state with great assurity that he didn't have the caliber of teammates in Georgia that he had at Shattuck.

Apparently he needs more time surrounded with Shattuck-like guys (who dream of playing Division I college hockey) somewhere in junior hockey so he can keep building his game.

Too bad your wrong buddy, ....

Rick has seen more levels of hockey in more different places and made more hockey contacts than most of us could ever dream of. Plus, you'd be amazed who he loses money to on golf courses. ;):D

Thanks for the backup, I just hate it when people start talking abuot something they have no clue about. It shouldn't make any difference where the person came from, obviously if they are being recognized they have skill.

Sorry if I hit a nerve. :D But I do have a clue about the talent level there. If you played for Springfield I most likely saw you play last winter. What number were you? I watched approximately 40 NAHL games. I also was at the NAHL Fall Showcase in Blaine, MN and the Windy City Showcase in Orland Park, IL in January.

I don't want to argue with you about the talent level in Georgia. I'm sure there are some talented hockey players there. Brad Miller has all the skills to play D1 hockey, But, if you ask any scout why he isn't ready at this point, they will tell you he needs to figure out how to put all the skills into a total package and he needs to figure out how to play with a team full of players that will be at least as talented as he is. They will tell you that's the result of not having the talent around as you were progressing through the levels.

Again, I'm sure you have talented players in Georgia, maybe just not enough of them.

Thanks for the backup, I just hate it when people start talking abuot something they have no clue about. It shouldn't make any difference where the person came from, obviously if they are being recognized they have skill.

Your right, there are hockey players from all over the world in the WCHA, however, a major of the good ones come from up north, ie, Canada, Minnesota, Mass...