SiouxSports.com Forum

The "NEW NICKEL" for NDSU - HAH!

SiouxMeNow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Did you see the new ndsu(cks)/sdsu(cks) SUPER RIVALRY Traveling Trophy to replace the nickel?? It's an 800lb Pile of bricks...WHAT A JOKE! Apparently the rational is that a trophy that weighs as much as an industrial freezer will be "hard to steal"...wasn't that half the fun of the Nickel??? I can see it now....NDSU wins the BIG PILE for the first time...okay...make room guys...we're bringing in the forklift to drive it around the Barn to celebrate!!!! WHOO HOO

Gimme any player hoisting the Nickel over his head any day...

PS - hey BisonMav...GREAT AVATAR for this site...fitting that you're always RUNNING AWAY ...

PS - hey BisonMav...GREAT AVATAR for this site...fitting that you're always RUNNING AWAY ...

I thought with all your respect and knowledge of the history of the Sioux people, you would recognize my avitar as the Great White Buffalo. What's the history behind your avitar SiouxMeNow?

z_double_live_gonzo_movie.gif

In the words of the Motor City Madman.

When I looked above the canyon wall,

some strong eyes did I see.

I think its somebody comin' around

to save my a$$,baby.

I think...I think he's comin' around

to save you and me.

Boys......

I said, above the canyon wall...

strong eyes did glow.

It was the leader of the land,baby.

OH MY GOD,

The GREAT WHITE BUFFALO.....

LOOK OUT!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

Well,he got the battered herd.

He led em cross the land.

With the Great White Buffalo,

they gonna make a final stand.

The Great White Buffalo,

comin'around to make a final stand.

Well,look out here he comes.

The great white buffalo,baby.

The Great White Buffalo....

Are they going to hollow out the  marker so it can be moved around or are they going to leave the marker like it is?  anyone know?

Haven't heard yet what the actual tophy specs are.

From the I-AA messageboard the biggest trophy currenty is:

ChiefCaddoWtype.jpg

I thought with all your respect and knowledge of the history of the Sioux people, you would recognize my avitar as the Great White Buffalo.

ohh...sorry...thought it was some old, grainy black and white film - like from back from the last time you guys won a national championship...my mistake...noticed you didn't comment on the new trophy...afraid you're going to back your car into it??

ohh...sorry...thought it was some old, grainy black and white film - like from back from the last time you guys won a national championship...my mistake...noticed you didn't comment on the new trophy...afraid you're going to back your car into it??

SiouxMeNow,

I think the trophy is a great idea. SDSU at NDSU had more people in attendance than the NDSU at UND game. UC-Davis, another GWFC team even had a larger crowd.

Were those games actually sold out, or were they merely played at a venue with more capacity than the Alerus Center?

I am not the one making fun of the trophy being added to the SDSU rivalry. Just pointing out that fans do come to see the Bison whether they are playing UND or not. UND would probably draw a larger crowd, but how many years did it take that rivalry to get to where it was when it ended. SDSU, UNC and UC Davis will be more along the line of respectful rivals, than the bitter rivalry that was within North Dakota.

SiouxMeNow,

I think the trophy is a great idea. SDSU at NDSU had more people in attendance than the NDSU at UND game. UC-Davis, another GWFC team even had a larger crowd.

BisonMav,

please tell me you arent saying that sdsu-ndsu or ucd-ndsu would have outdrawn the SIOUX-bison game at the fargodome last year. please? i know you arent that ignorant.

Bison Football has "capped" their house four (or is it five?) times.

It was the same opponent in each case.

Sioux Football: The only team to consistently "cap" FargoDome for football.

I'm asking this because I really don't know (I was in grade school at the time). What was the attendance like at Dacotah Field in the 80's for Bison-Sioux games when the Sioux were awful?

I'm asking this because I really don't know (I was in grade school at the time). What was the attendance like at Dacotah Field in the 80's for Bison-Sioux games when the Sioux were awful?

probably similar to the 90's at memorial stadium when the bison were 'awful'

If everything is so great in Bisonville and all these great matchups with teams NDSUcks wants to play and all the huge draws forecoming, then why was there all the whining,complaining, moaning, bitching and name-calling when UND refused to play them? The spin-doctoring that comes out of NDSU fans is a complete joke, like that's a surprise. Good luck creating a FB rivalry with that powerhouse from Brookings. At least the Bison will be able take that trophy home more than they have the Nickel the past decade.

This is big talk for a team that lost in Brookings last year...except you hit a 1 in 1000 2 point conversion pass.

That's cute.

However, I recall NDSU at SCSU and a "catch it 999 times out of 1000" touchdown pass that was dropped ... in overtime.

I'll take making 1 in 1000 and a win over that.

This is big talk for a team that lost in Brookings last year...except you hit a 1 in 1000 2 point conversion pass.

UND almost lost to UNO, St Cloud, NDSU, and Winona, EXCEPT they didn't. The Bison almost lost to Montana, EXCEPT they came back in the 4th. Whatever your point was, Mark Kauk would find the hole in it.