SiouxSports.com Forum

Report Cards

The Sicatoka

I agree that he was, but I don't agree that he will be. With his size and skill, IF he puts in the requisite time this summer and shakes the distractions, I believe he can have a great senior season and surprise his opponents as well as the Sioux fans.

What distractions?

One worry I have is that this year, a lot of the times when Bochenski scored it was a direct result of someone setting him up beautifully. That role belonged pretty much entirely to Parise this year. Parise would get into the corners and dig out the puck, or make a defensive steal, or some other such play to get the puck on Brandon's stick so he could score. I was not and will not be worried that Parise isn't around next year, but nevertheless someone needs to be centering who is a play-maker. Brandon isn't a huge one...who will be??

Genoway did a very nice job at center with Bochenski this season.

What distractions?

At one of the Sioux booster lunches I think it was reported that Blais mentioned that James had not only started out the year with a nasty injury but that he had some off-ice "distractions" that were keeping him from performing to his ability.

What those were is anyone's guess.

How about we all be honest here. Palmiscno sucked. Go ahead and pat him on the back for scoring on some terrible teams in the Subway Classic. In all reality you guys all know that we could take a handful of players off Central and Red River's teams who could have done what he did this year. Good for him that he tried and hung in there. The bottom line is that he doesn't have the talent. Ruslan Fedotenko (now on the No. 1 seeded Tampa Bay Lightning) made him look a lot better in juniors than he actually was.

Troll. :D;)

• 3 weeks later...