SiouxSports.com Forum

Travis Roche anyone

shep

Then that really begs the question: With the threat of a lockout looming, is this the BEST year to go pro?

If he can't play ANYWHERE, how is that good for him?

Because this year he got the money and is still playing now with the shot at a Stanly Cup ring. If the Devils manage to repeat for the cup I have a feeling that "void" of no NCAA ring will vanish quite quickly.

Besides, had he waited, he maybe wouldn't get the $$$ because of a new CB agreement. I say any player offered cash this year is gone regardless of age, team, or previous decisions. You just don't know if it'll be there in October.

He maybe could go play in Europe if he's locked out from the NHL. I think they'd find ways to keep playing.

Because this year he got the money and is still playing now with the shot at a Stanly Cup ring. If the Devils manage to repeat for the cup I have a feeling that "void" of no NCAA ring will vanish quite quickly.

Besides, had he waited, he maybe wouldn't get the $$$ because of a new CB agreement. I say any player offered cash this year is gone regardless of age, team, or previous decisions. You just don't know if it'll be there in October.

He maybe could go play in Europe if he's locked out from the NHL. I think they'd find ways to keep playing.

I'm not sure the CB will alter the amount the team's can pay in bonuses to players, but maybe you're right.

That would be the only reason to take the money and run, now because I don't know if you can just ship your players to Europe because of labor troubles here.

Haven't we had enough outsourcing of American jobs already? ;)

On a tangent and such, I was wondering... on Hockey DB, there was a member of the Sioux named Byfuglien. He was a defenseman out of Roseau. He spent one year with UND and then left. Any ideas why?

He wasn't good enough to crack the line up. Played in about 6 games and didn't come back either after break or after the year. Kind of like Jeff Yureko.