SiouxSports.com Forum

Confirmed Early Departures From Other Programs

dagies

For all the hype of the Penalty Box, they just couldn't come through in the end. :D

actually, that is why Duluth/Sup-town are prolly as high as they are! :p That and when the Gophs play up there, I am sure we "help" too! ;)

WPoS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy thing is, I saw Conboy at practice today. :D

We all knew he was going to end up leaving anyhow. He was so damn dumb... I'm guessing academic ineligibility, or else he punched out another of his teammates. Or maybe both.

I'll miss his slapshot, but not his lack of intelligence.

Elizabeth

We all knew he was going to end up leaving anyhow. He was so damn dumb... I'm guessing academic ineligibility, or else he punched out another of his teammates. Or maybe both.

Elizabeth

It's nice to have someone on the inside who knows what's going on. ;) Thanks for your insights.

Elizabeth

I think it's something a little more serious than academic ineligibility, because he can always get his grades back up. You have to do something pretty stupid to get kicked off any team...

Conboy appeared from afar to be one problem after another for Dahl. He may not have needed to do much for it to be the last straw.

Dahl seems to have a lot of players leave early for various reason. I wonder if he really has a good handle on his program or is it slipping away.

Dahl seems to have a lot of players leave early for various reason. I wonder if he really has a good handle on his program or is it slipping away.

I think they are all locked in Airport bathroom stalls and he has to explain why they can't play! :D

WPoS

[Dahl seems to have a lot of players leave early for various reason. I wonder if he really has a good handle on his program or is it slipping away.

Let's see Fournier, Sedevie, that Parise kid, now Luke Beaverson....Hello, pot calling kettle come in kettle! :D

Let's see Fournier, Sedevie, that Parise kid, now Luke Beaverson....Hello, pot calling kettle come in kettle! :D

Let's see...

Fournier was kicked off the team by the players.

Sedevie was never at UND.

Parise left to become a millionaire.

Beaverson was never at UND.

Unfortunely, PCM you'll never be able to convince them just by facts that they are wrong...ya gotta beat it into them. :D
As Thomas Sowell said:

The older I get, the more I realize that arguing on the basis of facts and logic only gets you labeled as someone who is out of step with the times, if not lacking in compassion.

I will refute that one. Parise, signed a pro contract, got a signing bonus of 975.000.00 seems reasonable, Sedevie scholarship pulled for health reason and Beaverson didn't live up to the billing also no LOI so whats your point. Fournier, attitude problem/cancer, it was rumored that his team mates helped him make the decision based on his poor work ethic and attitude.

Conboy gone from St. Cloud State due to a violation of team rules

Conboy booted

More info on the Conboy situation. DBSearle this one does appear to be somewhat similar to the Fournier situation, doesn't it?

Conboy's teammates wanted him gone

"I guess some guys on the team had a problem with the way I was living my life, and they confronted (Dahl), and he decided to release me," Conboy said.

Sid had this in his column today in the STrib. It is Sid so it very well could be wrong, but it was info contrary to what I had been told.

"Apparently Zach Parise, the University of North Dakota hockey player who recently signed with the New Jersey Devils, still is with the team and might see some ice time in the playoffs this weekend."

After a frustrating seven-game losing streak to end a season in which the Huskies had a 18-16-4 (12-12-4 WCHA) record and finished sixth in the WCHA, Conboy was contemplating turning pro regardless.

:D;);):lol:

Now THAT is funny!

WPoS