SiouxSports.com Forum

Oh yeah, I think so

FrozenTundra

In an NCAA context among freshmen goaltenders from the WCHA here's how it stacks up:

Jordan Parise (UND) 2 games 1-1 1 Goal allowed 0.50 GAA .950 Save Percentage (is that right? Might be off on the calculations)

Kellen Briggs (UMN) 2 games 1-1 5 Goals Allowed (around) 2.50 GAA

I'm not sure how to calculate GAA and Save percentage, but someone can put them up. I got JPar's GAA from a different thread.

I'm not sure how to calculate GAA and Save percentage, but someone can put them up. I got JPar's GAA from a different thread.

In order to calculate gaa you need ga and minutes played.

Total goals against x 60 (minutes in a game) divided by total minutes played.

On the season, it would look like this.

Zach:

42 x 60 = 2520 / 1229:48 = 2.05

Briggs:

96 x 60 = 5760 / 2198:50 = 2.62

You are correct on Briggs gaa for the tournament.

In order to calculate gaa you need ga and minutes played.

Total goals against x 60 (minutes in a game) divided by total minutes played.

On the season, it would look like this.

Zach:

42 x 60 = 2520 / 1229:48 = 2.05

Briggs:

96 x 60 = 5760 / 2198:50 = 2.62

You are correct on Briggs gaa for the tournament.

I didnt know Zach played goal ;):):D

Shows how much I know. I would have thought only giving up 1 goal in 2 games would at least put his GAA under 1 for the tourney.... Dunno.

And as for Briggs, I've seen more Briggs bashing on POI than I have ever seen on this board. Of course, I've only been to POI 5 times or so.

redwing, most of the bashing is coming from newbies. Most of the old gaurd is pretty supportive of him. After all he DID set a record for most wins by a frosh Gopher goaltender.

WPoS

And most of those newbees are probably bandwagon fans after the last couple of years - worthless people.

Why did cfm567b27 join siouxsports.com in December of 2003 right around the time the Sioux were moving atop the national rankings for the first time in awhile? Where was he when it was 7>3?

Perhaps that was when I learned about it clown a$$. I graduated from UND in 1992...Have been a Sioux Hockey fan since 1989...those were lean years if you recall. So thanks for your thoughts - go back to pi$$onit.com

Where were you when it was 7>3? Didn't you jump on the bandwagon this season?

I guess we'll just take your word for it.

I know of very few Sioux Hockey season ticket holders that live in Minneapolis - I'm one of them. You think bandwagon fans would fly up to GFK 13 weekends a season and donate money to the alumni at the Coaches Club level.....Doubt it.