SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

UND Fan

I think it's going to be pretty tough to find a decent hotel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg close by, unfortunately. I will check around tomorrow to get more ideas. Actually, I wouldn't overlook Priceline, though. I was able to get a good deal when I got some rooms here for family a couple years ago on Priceline. I got a 3 or 4 star hotel room for quite a bargain. You just have to pick the right part of town. (I'll go on Priceline later and see how they split up the city and get back to you on which areas would be fairly close to the action.)

Yes, and Boston is such a walking town, too. Boston's actually a very small city area-wise. I don't even own a car -- the "T" or walking is the way to go.

I did check out Expedia.com and there looks to be some good hotels in the area for around $150-$160/night (Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market is just a few blocks from the Fleet. The Fleet Center would be in what Expedia.com says is the "Quincy [Market]/Financial /Waterfront" area. The "Back Bay" part of town is a little farther away -- not too far away, though, and is a very nice area to stay. The trains go right to the Fleet from there or you could walk if you enjoy walking (or take a cab). "Beacon Hill" would also be a great area and close to the Fleet.

How far away is the Sonesta Hotel from the Fleet?

It looks like the Sonesta is about 1.5 miles from the Fleet. From their web site I would guess that you aren't too far from the T but you could call the hotel to find out how far the station is. The web site also says they have a complimentary shuttle bus to points of interest.

The Royal Sonesta Hotel is across the Charles River from Boston and in Cambridge, Mass. It's not in any of the areas I mentioned last night, but I've heard it's a nice hotel. I don't know how far it is from the Red Line, which is part of the subway/train system, but Sonesta's website says it's within walking distance of it.

You could take the Red Line back over the Charles River to Park Street Station in Boston and either switch over to the Green Line and take that directly to North Station (where the Fleet is) or walk from there. It would take about 10 minutes or so to walk from Park Street Station if you knew the most direct route. I'd estimate the whole process would take about 25 minutes from start to finish. I'm sure you could also get a cab from your hotel.

For me, it would be a little (and I stress that it's just a little) out of the way to stay in Cambridge, but it would be an okay choice if the price was right.

Schmitzzz beat me to the punch!

I wanted to add to my prior post about Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market being just a few blocks from the Fleet Center. That area is where there are a lot of bars and late night activity. It's a fun area, but I don't know how soundproof rooms might be. If you're up amongst the crowd, though, you might not care! [Also, don't mistake Quincy Market for Quincy, Mass. -- completely different.]

There's a Wyndam Hotel (@$169 on Expedia) in the Faneuil Hall area (4 stars), which could be fairly reasonable-- and it would be a few blocks away from Faneuil Hall.

Expedia also lists a 3-Star hotel on Devonshire Street called "Club Quarters" in the Quincy/Financial District/Waterfront which I don't know much about but it's only $107 per night (4/7/04 - 4/11/04).

The Harborside Inn and the Millenium (both 3-1/2 stars) are practically on top of Faneuil Hall. Run a search to read reviews, though, since it looks like 1/2 the people loved those hotels and the other half couldn't sleep because the parties at the bars were too loud.

I think I read on USCHO that a bunch of fans got deals at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel (that's in Back Bay a little farther away -- but definitely a location you could travel to and from by train/subway (the Green Line) or even walk if you feel up to it. This is another fun/nice area of town). It's listed at $149 on Expedia (3 stars).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: How could I forget to mention that the Hobey Baker Award will be presented at Faneuil Hall.

Thanks for the information. I got rooms at the Sonesta for $129.00 a night from April 7th to the 11th. Also looking at the package deal that Al Pearson is putting together and haven't heard where they will be staying. Anyone else staying at the Sonesta or close by? Would really like to be in a place where we can all get together. Problem with the Sonesta will be the transportation and with Al's package it includes transportation to and from, but sounds like they may be staying on the outskirts somewhere.

Anyone else have their airlines booked from Fargo and if so, when are you all leaving?

Is all that freeway construction done yet? Man was Boston a mess when I visited during the Frozen Four of 2000. Great city though.

Take the trolly tour. You can get off and back on whenever you want. Takes you to some great sites. The Constituition (oldest ship still commisioned by Navy), Hancock tower, and Cheers bar were some of the places I went.

Ha! No, the Big Dig isn't completely done, but it's way better than it was in 2000. I think final expected completion date is May '05 or something.

That project became one big suckhole of tax dollars. I don't remember exact figures, but it's waaaaaaayyyyyy over budget.