SiouxSports.com Forum

License Plate

ScottM

Okay, I'm getting ready to expand the Sioux Nation "down south" into the heart of bouncyball country. My new home state only mandates one official license plate on your car, and so you see a number of vehicles with school plates from Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, etc. on the front end. Does anybody know if UND has similar plates available through the bookstore or another reseller? If not, I was considering having a custom plate made as I doubt I would trigger the "commercial use" restrictions on logo usage. I'd naturally ask permission, just in case, but a Fighting Sioux Hockey plate intrigues me. ;):lol:

Okay, I'm getting ready to expand the Sioux Nation "down south" into the heart of bouncyball country. My new home state only mandates one official license plate on your car, and so you see a number of vehicles with school plates from Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, etc. on the front end. Does anybody know if UND has similar plates available through the bookstore or another reseller? If not, I was considering having a custom plate made as I doubt I would trigger the "commercial use" restrictions on logo usage. I'd naturally ask permission, just in case, but a Fighting Sioux Hockey plate intrigues me. ;):lol:

No doubt Cupcake Kupchella would have some objection to that too...

Walls? :p:lol:

There are places that do very good custom work, including pressed aluminum and air brushing, so I may just "create" my own. I'd like to use the new logo or the interlocking "ND" with crossed hockey sticks, but some yahoo may mistake me for a Notre Dame alum ... :):) I'm going to float the idea of using the logo for my own purposes legitimately, but if the pencil pushers give me too much static, I'll just "borrow" it. And if "they" have a problem with it, the can come on down and deal with it, and forget about calling me for money. ;)

Here is a website that explains some of the rules for using UND logos:

Office of University Relations

My guess (without reading the website) is that you can have a plate made, but the company you go through will charge you a lot for setup and the licensing fees (probably from that GA place mentioned previously). Actually, I know if you go through a company that they will have to pay for the license. It's kind of a law.

If you decide to go through all of the work of making official ones, I bet you could get some other people to buy them, (posters on a certain board, perhaps :lol: ) defraying some of the costs.