SiouxSports.com Forum

WHOS GOING TO COLORADO?

AZSIOUX

Just curious on who will be making the trip to colorado and what state you are traveling from.. One of the best things about Sioux Hockey is the following they get from the fans all over the country no matter where they play. I love seeing the crowds!!!!

Myself...Coming from Arizona

I'll be there. Traveling from . . . . . Colorado Springs. From games against CC and Denver, UND has a good following out here. Hopefully we can make them feel right at home.

i was in denver in november and it was a great sioux crowd!! can't wait for this weekend.....

Looks like three of us are coming down from Ft. Collins on Saturday (I hope I don't jinx the friday game!).... 2 hour drive.

How would you say the ticket opportunities are? I'm cheering against Denver...not that I care who we play...I just want a better shot at buying tickets.. Any suggestions beforehand? ;)

Looks like three of us are coming down from Ft. Collins on Saturday (I hope I don't jinx the friday game!).... 2 hour drive.

How would you say the ticket opportunities are? I'm cheering against Denver...not that I care who we play...I just want a better shot at buying tickets.. Any suggestions beforehand? ;)

the tix are selling fast as of now. i have a couple of tix connections that may be available.. email me at ryanasu@earthlink.net if you need any . i have a couple of contacts for some if they are still available...

We're coming from Saint Paul. Me and two kids. Our 24th and 25th games of the year. All over the league. That's what a guy is rewarded with when his woman of near 20 years decides to pull the plug. Who made me the lucky guy? Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, prepares youngsters to hold their heads high and proud as does strutting through opposing arenas wearing the colors.

These will likely be our last tilts of the year as we've no tickets for Boston, and the money pit is running dry.

We bought our tickets for the West Regional back in late October. We knew then what we all know now.

Sioux are going to Boston, through Colorado Springs.

It's always a great time to be a Sioux fan. It's times like these that simpy reaffirm what we all have long known.

the tix are selling fast as of now. i have a couple of tix connections that may be available.. email me at ryanasu@earthlink.net if you need any . i have a couple of contacts for some if they are still available...

Thanks for the info... I got three together, unfortunately only could get upper level.. but what the hell, at least I'll be there. ;)

We're coming from Saint Paul.  Me and two kids.  Our 24th and 25th games of the year.  All over the league.  That's what a guy is rewarded with when his woman of near 20 years decides to pull the plug.  Who made me the lucky guy? Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, prepares youngsters to hold their heads high and proud as does strutting through opposing arenas wearing  the colors.

These will likely be our last tilts of the year  as we've no tickets for Boston, and the money pit is running dry. 

We bought our tickets for the West Regional back in late October.  We knew then what we all know now. 

Sioux are going to Boston, through Colorado Springs. 

It's always a great time to be a Sioux fan.  It's times like these that simpy reaffirm what we all have long known.

NDH...You are definitely up for fan of the year. Everytime I log on seems like you are packing up the tribe and heading cross country to follow the Sioux. Kudos to you.....I'm jealous - although I will be in Beantown provided we make it to the FF. Had the BEST time in Providence in 2000 and looking to take it in again.

You might want to consider trading in that Minivan for an M5...fits the family nicely and you can make it to Colorado before anyone else ;)

My first post on the boards!!!!!

Both my wife and I will be making the treck down from Cheyenne, WY. And, as luck would have it, I won a bidding war on my tickets on EBAY. Paid a bit over face but we will be sitting in the front row...it is worth it!! My wife actually doesnt have a jersey so she is having one overnighted from the Forks!! LOL

If tickets are still sparse...I know that ticketswest has changed there price levels to reflect the low availability...there are still some for sale on EBAY....just a thought!!

I hope we have a great turnout...I have gone to one game of the UND-Denver series each of the last two years and it is a trip...there are almost as many Sioux fans as there are Denver fans....it is especially evident in the National Anthem...*ahem*....

Hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SIOUX!!

My first post on the boards!!!!!

Both my wife and I will be making the treck down from Cheyenne, WY. And, as luck would have it, I won a bidding war on my tickets on EBAY. Paid a bit over face but we will be sitting in the front row...it is worth it!! My wife actually doesnt have a jersey so she is having one overnighted from the Forks!! LOL

If tickets are still sparse...I know that ticketswest has changed there price levels to reflect the low availability...there are still some for sale on EBAY....just a thought!!

I hope we have a great turnout...I have gone to one game of the UND-Denver series each of the last two years and it is a trip...there are almost as many Sioux fans as there are Denver fans....it is especially evident in the National Anthem...*ahem*....

Hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SIOUX!!

thats funny.. i was the one bidding against you for a bit, but not the one who drove the price up on you.. i found others so stopped bidding on that one... IF ANYONE NEED TIX FOR THE WEEKEND I HAVE A CONTACT THAT HAS A COUPLE OF GREAT SEATS FOR ALL GAMES.. JUST LET ME KNOW ASAP ryanasu@earthlink.net

hope to see everyone there in colorado!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to consider trading in that Minivan for an M5...fits the family nicely and you can make it to Colorado before anyone else ;)

CM . . . .

No mini-van here. Ford. You and WPoS oughta trade in those kraut kans you drive for Fords! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, but we have found driving around the league that there are many many fine and loyal fans, a number of whom we seem to see over and over again.

This time, we are flying. Leaving today in fact, God willing. Not sure the Ford could make it, although it is really a fairly easy drive, except for maybe a Ford. Although it is a near brand new Ford, last time we were in Colorado Springs, the thing broke down. $1500 repairs. Had to fly us all back, and return for the lousy car later.

I thank the Good Lord every morning that at least I do not drive a Chevy, or a Dodge. Or a Cheep.

CM . . . .

No mini-van here. Ford. You and WPoS oughta trade in those kraut kans you drive for Fords! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, but we have found driving around the league that there are many many fine and loyal fans, a number of whom we seem to see over and over again.

This time, we are flying. Leaving today in fact, God willing. Not sure the Ford could make it, although it is really a fairly easy drive, except for maybe a Ford. Although it is a near brand new Ford, last time we were in Colorado Springs, the thing broke down. $1500 repairs. Had to fly us all back, and return for the lousy car later.

I thank the Good Lord every morning that at least I do not drive a Chevy, or a Dodge. Or a Cheep.

Have a good time down there NDH. I will be in Boston if they make it out and I will champion the cause to sway your opinion about the "kraut cans".

Ford (Found On Road Dead)? Wow your falling down the ladder there. Wpos knows where it is at. Then again if I lived in GFK I wouldn't even consider driving a BMW - possibly the most horrific roads in the US are in that city.

GO SIOUX!!

thats funny.. i was the one bidding against you for a bit, but not the one who drove the price up on you.. i found others so stopped bidding on that one... IF ANYONE NEED TIX FOR THE WEEKEND I HAVE A CONTACT THAT HAS A COUPLE OF GREAT SEATS FOR ALL GAMES.. JUST LET ME KNOW ASAP ryanasu@earthlink.net

hope to see everyone there in colorado!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to ask the same thing, about gathering before the games. There are a ton of restaurants/bars around the arena. Carabba's is a popular one. I am in the Springs, so if anyone needs anything, ride, place to stay, directions, etc. just hollor. You can email me at sdverville@aol.com.

I think we definitly need to set something up before one of the games though. We have a 5th wheel camper and thought about pulling it into the WA parking lot for a little tail-gating, but something tells me that wouldn't fly. :lol: Hmmm, Tinsletown is just across the parking lot, I wonder if they allow such things? I just found out a couple of weeks ago that there is no alcohol served at these things, so we'll have to make due before/after the game. Any other people who know the area have any suggestions?

I was going to ask the same thing, about gathering before the games. There are a ton of restaurants/bars around the arena. Carabba's is a popular one. I am in the Springs, so if anyone needs anything, ride, place to stay, directions, etc. just hollor. You can email me at sdverville@aol.com.

I think we definitly need to set something up before one of the games though. We have a 5th wheel camper and thought about pulling it into the WA parking lot for a little tail-gating, but something tells me that wouldn't fly. :lol: Hmmm, Tinsletown is just across the parking lot, I wonder if they allow such things? I just found out a couple of weeks ago that there is no alcohol served at these things, so we'll have to make due before/after the game. Any other people who know the area have any suggestions?

" I am in the Springs, so if anyone needs anything, ride, place to stay, directions, etc. just hollor. You can email me at sdverville@aol.com."

Tell you what....that sums it up....what being a Sioux Hockey fan is all about ;)

Is tailgating allowed at this NCAA sanctioned event? It's supposed to be in the mid 70's friday and saturday...break out the brats + beer.. and the t shirts and sandals! If we could pull that off, it would be much more fun than any bar/restaurant..and a lot safer than driving to the arena! :lol:

There are a large number of UND supporters getting together at Carrabba's on Friday starting about 4 PM, you can walk from Carrabba's to the World Arena, if you so choose. I know quite a few CC fans who are going to the regionals, and they pretty much detest DU, so they will be rooting for us this weekend, at least a few of them, and they too will be at Carrabbas on Fri/Sat. Note the place doesn't open until 3PM. Full bar, good food and apps.

I too live near COS and work in town, if any Sioux fans coming down need anything at all, post here or e-mail me through my profile address.

PS - I don't think there will be any tailgating allowed in the WA parking lot.

PPS - If you are coming down and it's your first trip to COS, make sure you go to the city's Garden of the Gods park (free) on Saturday and take advantage of the nice weather we've been having. Garden of the Gods

There are a large number of UND supporters getting together at Carrabba's on Friday starting about 4 PM, you can walk from Carrabba's to the World Arena, if you so choose. I know quite a few CC fans who are going to the regionals, and they pretty much detest DU, so they will be rooting for us this weekend, at least a few of them, and they too will be at Carrabbas on Fri/Sat. Note the place doesn't open until 3PM. Full bar, good food and apps.

I too live near COS and work in town, if any Sioux fans coming down need anything at all, post here or e-mail me through my profile address.

PS - I don't think there will be any tailgating allowed in the WA parking lot.

PPS - If you are coming down and it's your first trip to COS, make sure you go to the city's Garden of the Gods park (free) on Saturday and take advantage of the nice weather we've been having. Garden of the Gods

Sweet...Carrabba's it is!!!! Thanks for the advice. Will have to check out the park on Saturday.