SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, after watching the game, I agree with Coach Blais. Not only were the defensemen absent in this game, the goalie gave up at least 2 goals that he should've had. I also agree that Zach Parise can't carry the whole team. The team needs to show up to play as well.

I also saw the interviews after the game. I can't believe he called UND his home team. Give me a break! He chose to play for the gophers after all!

Also, what's with UM getting the #1 seed and UMD getting the #2 seed? I know the gophers won the Final Five tournament, but, UMD finished well ahead of the gophers, not to mention they beat them all 4 times they met this year.

P. S. I vote for Clay Matvick to do the play by play call instead of the woogster and moron. He at least calls the game objectively. I also don't agree with Briggs getting the MVP award! Give me a Break! :

Congratulations on a great game, Sioux Fans.

That was truly one for the ages.

Thx for the compliment, but I don't think the Sioux team is very proud of their overall effort & execution. It was great in terms of intensity but not a very well-played game, especially on the part of the Sioux D. It would have been "one for the ages" had the Sioux won though :D

Some Notes of mine from the game:

1) The Gophers are the cheapest team in the nation. The skated into the Sioux players and Brandt numerous times after the play was stopped, unnecessary.

2) Ballard is not as good as these Gopher "fans" think he is. He is a SOFT defenseman and will get his cocky little butt whooped in the NHL, if he survives the minors.

3) Zach Parise is not human.

4) Brandon Bochenski is not human.

5) Jake Taylor is also a cocky little punk (much like Ballard) and has that cocky little smirk that WILL get whiped off one day. I don't care what Gopher "fans" say, Prpich is nothing like Taylor because Prpich contributes to his team.

6) It was a penalty on Zach when he was pulled down near the end of the game.

7) Vanek is a great player but laid a cheap shot on Parise that deserved a 5:00 but God forbid we give the Sioux what they deserve.

8) Brandt did not let in one good shot. However, he did make numerous mistakes that led to easy goals for the bad guys.

9) Briggs in no way deserved the player of the tournament. I do not see how Zach could not win the Hobey Baker this year but I have a feeling that he will get hosed much like he did for the Tourney MVP.

10) I HATE THE GOPHERS AND THEIR FANS AND IF THEY THREE-PEAT I AM GOING TO PUKE!

Thanks, Sioux Fan.

Marty - your objectivity is a bit clouded. I thought things worked out in the end - Adams gave your squad a chance with an iffy Penalty Call at the end and the Sioux didn't capitalize. There were plenty of Sioux mixing it up after the whistle, etc. Riddle got run and he wasn't even near the puck.

It's a tough loss I'm sure but it sure as heck wasn't due to the officiating. Take the L like a man and look forward to the National Tournament.

Ah, where did you hear this?

I guess I didn't realize that the seeding was decided this soon.

By the current pwr racnkings minnesota is ahead of tUMD, and someone can correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the tourney winner get a #1 seed.

btw- i agree with everyone on saying that there is no way that briggs should have gotten the MVP.

RMS

They had said that after the gophers won the tournament tonight. They interviewed Potulny and asked him what he thought of getting the #1 seed instead of the Bulldogs.

You guys need to brush up on the Pairwise. It counts how you play all season and not just head to head against one team. The Gophers more than likely would have had a 1 seed even with a loss to the Sioux tonight.

Ah, where did you hear this?

I guess I didn't realize that the seeding was decided this soon.

While UMD has the Head to Head advantage 4-1, the gophers win the comparisons in teams under consideration, common opponents, and RPI. That ties the comparison 4-4, and since RPI is the first tiebreaker, the Gophers win the comparison putting them at #4 in the Pairwise and UMD at #5.

This is one Gopher fan who will NOT be woofing. This game was simply outstanding to watch. I obviously liked the end results but this truely was a game that could have gone either way. I came away from this game wanting more. Hopefully they will meet again with even more on the line. Best of luck to UND and the rest of the WCHA teams involved to make it a memorable Frozen Four.

PS No question about, Parise deserved to be the MVP.

Thanks, Sioux Fan.

- Adams gave your squad a chance with an iffy Penalty Call at the end and the Sioux didn't capitalize.

Thats because he totally missed the call about a minute before that when one of the UM players had both hands pulling on a UND stick, i think it was bochenski's.

RMS

Thats because he totally missed the call about a minute before that when one of the UM players had both hands pulling on a UND stick, i think it was bochenski's.

RMS

I suppose Adams prevented the Sioux from scoring on their last Power Play also?

Let's not get into a He should have called this, should have called that war because it went both ways tonight. If I recall correctly Adams even gave the Sioux a 2 man advantage that they failed to score on.