SiouxSports.com Forum

Blake hattie

sprig

I think what is really sad is that it happened against the Wild. I wish no ill will towards Roloson, but the rest of the team stinks. If anyone has any claims about goaltenders who carry their team alone to the playoffs, well, look at the Wild. I'd say their goaltenders are the only good players on the entire team and it's not even going to get them the 8th spot in the playoffs.

Good for Blake, though. He knows his team is going places. If I were a Minnesota draft pick, this looks like mixed blessings. One side says, with the Wild surely going to the cellar, a draft pick has a good chance of making the roster earlier in his career. On the other hand, the management could misuse you and you end up a perrenial minor leaguer for as long as the contract lasts with the team (Roche).

But hey, i'm not a Wild fan, so take it for what it is worth.

The Wild are frustrating, they will not bring in any big name talent, that is one reason that they will never go anywhere in the playoffs for a very long time. Someone needs to remind them to score goals and play defense, not just play defense!

You know, I'm not so sure about that either.

It's a Catch 22. I don't think bringing in all that talent would work. If you need references, talk to PCM about his NY Rangers (You won't get to Glenn Sather... PCM probably could through his connections but...).

I think the key is drafting good, bringing in playmakers who can contribute to the team in more than just scoring goals, and a better playbook. Install the Devils stylings on draft day, the Red Wings or Avalanche playbook, and collect free agents and trades like well... everyone has their flair with this, but it is best to be aggressive.