SiouxSports.com Forum

IIHF World Hockey Championship

joeyjr

1 hour ago, joeyjr said:

Is anybody else underwhelmed by the roster the US put out?

I am predicting Finland getting the hat trick by wrapping up their WJC and U18 golds with a gold here as well.

They do this by design.  They take some young prospects and mix in some vets.  Their young team lost to Finland in OT yesterday.

18 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

They do this by design.  They take some young prospects and mix in some vets.  Their young team lost to Finland in OT yesterday.

Yes, but when Wideman and Foligno, may peace be upon him, are the two best vets on the team  . . . (and I am a huge Foligno fan). I am guessing they have their World Cup roster loaded up and this is just a second third fourth thought.

22 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

Yes, but when Wideman and Foligno, may peace be upon him, are the two best vets on the team  . . . (and I am a huge Foligno fan). I am guessing they have their World Cup roster loaded up and this is just a second third fourth thought.

I don't know....this has been the way they've done it for years.  This is nothing new.