SiouxSports.com Forum

Found something interesting

Siouxhockey03

Here's a new quote from the eagles board:

I was so upset over the Colorado thing that I e-mailed the feedback link on bceagles.com and demanded answers. I said that I doubted that the NCAA selection committee would like the fact that BC was publicly advertising a complete guess as if it were fact. Anyway apparently the site automtically update itself (technology today...) and i you go to the official schedule of the men's hockey team all of the regionls are listed as possible games on the schedule...the first one just happens to be the west, and so the site was simply updated to reflect the "next" game. They will be removing it from the site....just knock on wood that it doesn't become a bad omen.

Here's a new quote from the eagles board:

I was so upset over the Colorado thing that I e-mailed the feedback link on bceagles.com and demanded answers. I said that I doubted that the NCAA selection committee would like the fact that BC was publicly advertising a complete guess as if it were fact. Anyway apparently the site automtically update itself (technology today...) and i you go to the official schedule of the men's hockey team all of the regionls are listed as possible games on the schedule...the first one just happens to be the west, and so the site was simply updated to reflect the "next" game. They will be removing it from the site....just knock on wood that it doesn't become a bad omen.

We won't know where anyone is going until the selection show on Sunday.

It sounds like a case of wishfull thinking by the Eagle's fans.

It is getting very interesting now. If CC wins two games this weekend, they may qualify as the last #4 seed.

Then the NCAA will be forced to choose which rule they want to protect the most.

1. Seed the #1s closest to home.

or

2. Avoid interconference matchups.

My gut says that CC won't qualify unless they win the FF. Which they won't. They are also in a nasty situation where losing to AA, a non-TUC might be the best thing for them.

It is getting very sticky for the bottom teams.

It is getting very interesting now. If CC wins two games this weekend, they may qualify as the last #4 seed.

Then the NCAA will be forced to choose which rule they want to protect the most.

1. Seed the #1s closest to home.

or

2. Avoid interconference matchups.

My gut says that CC won't qualify unless they win the FF. Which they won't. They are also in a nasty situation where losing to AA, a non-TUC might be the best thing for them.

It is getting very sticky for the bottom teams.

IF CC makes it, I believe they have to be placed in Colorado. That would push UND to Michigan and I can see BC getting sent to Colorado to keep away from the intradivision. I believe Maine's RPI could become better than BC's (with bonuses, who knows?) and then Maine wins that comparison. BC leads UMD and UM 3-0 in comparison. However, BC has not played well lately and I think that should be taken into account. I'm not sure if any ranking formula does that. Also, it avoids the intradivision first round.

Anybody know which is closer to UND, the Michigan or Colorado regional?

Michigan is closer, but either way UND would have to board a plane. Therefore, USCHO has always placed UND in Colorado, because it's a familiar rink.