OETKB

24 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins in 2002-3?

• 30 + wins
    • 25 - 29
    • 20 - 24
    • 15 - 19
    • Less than 15 wins

First off Nanne is an Idiot. They guy is on his knees for the Gophers if you know what I mean. Second I think it is arogant to go into a kids house who has given a Verbal on where he wants to play and tell him he has made a mistake. Yesh...

I lost all the rest of respect I had for Nanne, but I look at it this way, Nanne make Frank Mazzaco look objective, that should tell you something.

Here is the kind of clueless stuff that erks me: this is from one of Clayton's favorite Gopher fans. The Sioux have to come up with an answer to their goaltending situation, since sub-.900 save percentages won't cut it without an outstanding offense (which UND does not have).

Correct me if I am wrong UND didn't have any problems scoring they had problems not keeping the puck out of their net.

Here is the kind of clueless stuff that erks me: this is from one of Clayton's favorite Gopher fans. The Sioux have to come up with an answer to their goaltending situation, since sub-.900 save percentages won't cut it without an outstanding offense (which UND does not have).

Isn't SL from Fagrow? Would explain the cluelessness when it comes to hockey.

First off, Most of the time his work isn't this clueless but, he has digressed. Incidently, I think it is funny Minnesota since their goaltending is no better than UND's if not worse. Heck I know that and I was a football player. Two, I am a little grumpy this monday morning (Golf Course under water, hot humid, summer has suck etc) Three, anyone that think UND is going to suck this season is fricken high. If they dont' finish in the top four I am going to be very surprised. Four, I talked to one of the trainers from UND hockey team (as sprig had mentioned also) and the boys are really training hard for the upcoming season, I am ready for a season of pay back and players that play with a chip on their shoulders...

lastly SL, is from MORE-Head.

I'd have to agree on the point that anyone who thinks UND won't have a strong offense is simply ignorant of the team's situation.  Last season, they dressed 6 offensive freshmen each game!  This season, they'll have only 2 or 3, and one of them is Zach Parise, whom most people think will transition to the college game pretty quickly.

The large sophmore class will start to assert themselves.  There are 3 USHL first team all stars from '99-00 in that class, if I'm not mistaken.  Just because UND doesn't have "proven" returning players doesn't mean they won't be an offensive force this season.

Blais has enough confidence in Siembida and Brandt to go into this coming season without a third option.  I think that says alot regarding their potential to improve vs. last season.  I think goaltending will be okay.  Not Goehring levels, but above .900 for the season.  

The big question IMO is whether such players as Massen, McMahon, Fournier, Fylling, & Canady will be able to spread the offensive points beyond just Bochenski, R. Hale, Lundbohm, Spiewak & Notermann.  If we have to rely on just Bo' and the upperclassmen to get the job done, UND will be in trouble.  This season depends on the Soph's playing up to their potential, I think.

I just added another "W" to the estimated wins for the coming season.  With Michigan losing 2 players late in the Summer to the NHL, I'm hoping UND has the opportunity to win the Punch Imlach Tourny to start off the season.  If these guys can get some confidence and momentum going early in the season, it could be a very good year.

I tend to agree about Michigan.  They've lost some of their key guns from FF and have some holes right now.  Berenson was counting on these guys to make a run to Buffalo.  I'm guessing that he'll fill the holes, but most of the good talent is all ready picked over for this season.

The forwards should be fine given their past experience and how hard I've heard most are working this summer.  ;)  A strong showing in the tourney would definitely be a good way to start the new season.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done further analysis of the returning talent in the WCHA. Also, I looked at UND's relatively easy schedule this season.

At home, it looks to me like the Sioux should be able to turn the tide on last seasons performance. In fact, I'm hoping they don't lose more than 5 games at the Ralph. Look at the schedule - it's very possible for them to be something like 15-5-1 in 21 games.

The road schedule is tougher. There, I'm thinking UND will be around .500, given that they play UM & Denver only on the road this season.

The road schedule is tougher.  There, I'm thinking UND will be around .500, given that they play UM & Denver only on the road this season.

Honestly Denver doesn't scare me that much. They play the same boring style that Michigan State University plays. Score early and make them open it up.

Last season they didn't have the offensive fire power. Sure they have good goaltending but, UND has played teams like that pretty well. Crash the net get a big player like Ryan Hale to camp out and keep the forwards pinned in. A perfect example of this was the game against MSU during the 2001 NCAA. Speiwak (sorry Speez I can't spell his name) scored the early goal and changed the complexity of the game.

Against UofM we only play them twice I expect us to split with them. Blais Logic refuse to lose. I think UND will be fine. I think UND is going to be a very physical team I was looking at the weights of the roster and this is a pretty good sized team. I hope UND is not going to be run out of any games physically.

;)