SiouxSports.com Forum

Prpich?

Siouxdonyms

Getting under the other teams skin is good as long as the dumb penalties do not come with it. We CANNOT have bad penalties at this time of the year, that can be the difference between winning and losing when the teams are more evenly matched. Prp has done a good job of staying out of the box and playing smart lately. Keep it up Prp.

Getting under the other teams skin is good as long as the dumb penalties do not come with it. We CANNOT have bad penalties at this time of the year, that can be the difference between winning and losing when the teams are more evenly matched. Prp has done a good job of staying out of the box and playing smart lately. Keep it up Prp.

Which games have you been watching???

3/6 only played 1 period 2 for rough and 0 shots

3/5 2 for rough and 0 shots

2/29 2 for unsportsman, 2 for rough, 2 for high stick and 3 shots

2/28 2 for slash 4 shots

Doesn't look like he has been staying out of the box to me. Granted it is probably better than it was...but not that good. Sure glad we have a good penalty kill.

I would agree that Prpich has been a little undisciplined at times this year. Last year he was always stirring the pot, yet always seemed to be in control of his emotions. When he plays like that, he's a definite asset. When he can agitate and draw a penalty, without taking one himself, that's when he's on his game.

This season, for whatever reason, he's been guility of not staying out of the penalty box. Still, he's the type of player you wanna go to war with in the playoffs.

I know people hate when when we complain about the refs, but they are to blame here. Someone has to be in the box for UND, and Greene has not been there as much as last year. So who gets the bad rep this year, Prpich of course. On Friday night he was repeatedly hit from behind while skating away, yet he got a penalty. Picture Prpich not wearing a cage and the Tech player being stronger, and you have the Bertuzzi incident. Obviously I am taking big leaps with the intensity of the hitting being done, but wouldn't it be crazy to think Moore deserved a penalty in that awful incident? That is the kind of crap allowed in college hockey now. :D

I think it is possible that Prp is getting some "reputation" calls but from what I have seen of him this year I think he's earned the rep.

Still, I love Prpich and I'm glad he's on my team. I wish he was more like last year though, where he did agititate and play physical but generally stayed out of the box.

I'd definitely agree with the reputation part of the equation. Mike Commodore went through it. Matt Greene went through it, and now Prpich is going through it to a certain extent.

Case in point was the Duluth series when he gets a double minor for roughing and unsportsmanlike, when the referee himself admitted Prpich didn't throw a punch.

I'd definitely agree with the reputation part of the equation. Mike Commodore went through it. Matt Greene went through it, and now Prpich is going through it to a certain extent.

Case in point was the Duluth series when he gets a double minor for roughing and unsportsmanlike, when the referee himself admitted Prpich didn't throw a punch.

That was the scrum in front of the net, right? Here's my take on that one. Prpich sprayed the goalie. Of course, I loved that. But then the Duluth players took him to task and I was surprised Prp really didn't fight back. Good for him.

But I think the ref wanted UND to be down a player because Prpich sprayed the goalie. I think they made up the extra roughing on Prpich because of what he started.