SiouxSports.com Forum

dog tags (signs)

YaneA

Yes, actually I do have some hats left. I've got one that features Coach Blais. Says, "Coach is First Class" (get it?) and has a picture of Deano on a CD with the golden inscription "Blais of Glory" Got two others that say sort of the same thing, "Sioux Xcel at Winning" or "Final 5: Sioux Xcel." These are decorated with an "ice sheet" and a hockey player. They're black felt/plastic and look a little richer than the green plastic. If you'd like one of these, post your actual seat number and I'll leave it for you on Friday night. Which Ellsworth sign--GAA/SPF or "What an Ellsworth"?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last chance to tell me which signs you want to see this weekend. So far, I've finished "Have You Seen Scottsquatch?" "What's an Ellsworth?" and "Deja Sioux" I can do 3 or 4 more so let's hear your preferences.

Do the "you must be this tall....." sign. I love that idea.

How about "Ellsworthless"

Also, I know this is a bit premature, but I won't be near a computer much after tomorrow afternoon but wanted some suggestions for good final five signs. I'm bringing a stack of tagboard in case I get a flash of brilliance, but any thoughts on good ones? Any gopher-bashing signs are always welcome. :(

siouxyeahyeah:

"Sioux Xcel at Winning"

"Minnesota:

The Sorry State

of Gopher Hockey"

"Gophers Bail;

Sioux Xcel"

"The Road to Boston:

Sioux in the Driver's Seat"

"Lucia-Pet Cemetary"

"You Can't Shake Jake"

"Jones: First Line of Defense" [draw a hockey stick for the "J" in Jones]

Check out the archived thread for the numerous signs suggested for the Gopher Series here, posted circa Nov. 7, 2003. May be just as useful for FF.

because I hate that damn song...

"Sota! Sota!

Gone Flat!!"

"Gopher:

The Other Dead Meat"

"Sioux-vivor Hockey:

Outshoot, Outskate, Outscore"

If push comes to shove...

"Everybody was Kung Sioux Fighting..."

"Bo-bey Baker"

"[picture of Incredible Hulk] ND's Big Greene Monster--

Don't Make Him Mad!"

"O Canada!

Send More Hockey Players!"

"[insert name of tough guy here] He Bangs! He Bangs!"

"Jones Zone:

Hard Hits Only"

"Dogs Roll Over & Play Dead" --works for Huskies, works for Bulldogs

[either Sioux goalie] "Beast in the Crease" [add "sexy" before "beast" if you're so inclined]

"The Puck Stops Here"

"7-11

Open All Nite"

"Bo Knows Goals"

[GF's own Bina Baby] "Robbie from the Block Rocks"

"Chris Won't Miss"

"St. Cloud:

The Patron Saint

of Swooning"

"Lundy is Da Bohm"

"When Zach Attacks,

Sioux Win""

"Skates Great!

More Fylling!!"

"A Pair of Parises

Beats a Full House" [assuming Jordy plays, it's good for outnumbered Sioux fans; or change second line to "Beats All These Jokers"]

"Behold the Power of Colby"

"We Don't Need

No Stinkin' Badgers"

"Off Wisconsin!"

"Grill the Cheeseheads"

I made a list of slogans for just about every Sioux player (to use on hats) but can't remember them all right now. Help yourself to any idea you like...

Thanks, YaneA. Usually I'm more into generic signs rather than specific players...I get to use them more often that way! Assuming we beat the gophers Friday night, I could use some Duluth ammo as well - They'd be our most likely opponent Saturday night.

Keep the sign ideas coming - we can think beyond the Final Five if we want to be that cocky. I think the "On a clear day you can see Boston from here" sign might resurface during the Final Five.

What about "Hobey Parise" or something using UND in an acrostic? Or Sioux, for that matter...

Forecheck:

I did make that one already, had to shorten it up to make it fit so that it just says "Tech: Swept So Often, They're Spotless." Not sure what other sign I put it back-to-back with.

I also like "On a clear day, you can see Boston from here." Or if you haven't made the "What's an Ellsworth?" sign yet. And to answer an earlier question, definitely bring the hooking sign. :(

I must thank YaneA and those who provided sign ideas for giving me the lead for my Friday UND-MTU USCHO recap. ;)

Not too bad for a 43 year old bean counter. Thanks to YaneA for the original idea that we worked on a little and also for making the sign and leaving it in my seat behind the Sioux bench. Also, tonight, you gotta hold that "You must be this tall to play this game" sign up more often. Everyone around me agreed that was the funniest one...especially when Connor or Pettis is on the ice...Pettis's head is barely above the top of the boards so just hold it about a foot or so about the boards and you've got it...